Australia Post, I hate you!

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
Apparently I had an "attempted delivery - nobody in attendance" at 10:30 this morning. Ummm, nope. I was definitely home and had full view of the driveway. There was no attempted delivery and I couldn't find a calling card anywhere. I only knew of the attempt when I received an email saying I had a parcel waiting for collection.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
I was at my LPO collecting a parcel that the local white van driver decided was too hard to get to my front door, and automatically carded me. Bet he pre wrote cards for all that days parcels.

I tell the lady behind the counter what’s happened, and that I’ve got video footage of him never coming to the front door to ring the bell, I was home. Manager yells out from across the room “aww fuck that guy, that’s more then 50 in the last few days” and then she proceeds to tell me to please make a formal complaint via the 1800 phone service.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Seems like the numpties delivered it to themselves, will probably confuse them for a week. Is a brake line from eighty one spices who express posted it "sigh emoji"
How does that even happen :oops:

Unless he wrote his sender addy in the wrong place.

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I’m awaiting a parcel from the US … it’s been at jfk airport since the 5th Sep , I think it’s never coming .
TBF tho I ordered a new motor for my vacuum cleaner on Sunday night and received on Wed @ 8 am !
Melbourne dispatch , regional delivery .

Jpez

Down on the left!
I received a parcel a few days ago. Then two days later I get a reminder card. No tracking on it so no idea what it actually is. I’m pretty sure it’s for the parcel I picked up two days previous but I rack my brains. Maybe I bought something and forgot. It’s possible.
So I take time off work to go to the PO and sure enough it’s for the parcel that’s already been collected 2 days previous.
grrrrr. Mostly for wasting my time but also for it not being a nice forgotten about surprisepart or something.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I have recently had a few deliveries from England. The ones via Australia Post have all arrived within 5 days and been delivered as expected. The DHL delivery however...not so much.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I wish I had a bad story but I had a small cabled delivered from the USD via USPS and then AustPost. A combination that doesn't inspire confidence right up. I had my USPS and AustPost tracking numbers.

The package seemed to stall in Sydney for about 3 weeks. I thought that must have made its way under the couch and never to be seen again. I raised a case with AustPost and gave them both tracking links. They had it on the move next day and has arrived this morning.

Call that a win!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Well after a long time of gloating about how good of a run I always have with Australia Post it finally happened...fuck you!

Ordered some dmr vaults from pushys in early November...when they were on a good sale. Delivery was delayed, or so the email and tracing told me. And delayed a little more. I've since ordered other items that arrived today.

I go to collect and my postie advises that the pedals have been sitting in the shop for about a month!

And while I haven't had a chance to try them yet, I am pretty sure I won't like the feel of them. They cut in too sharp from axle to front/rear edge for my taste. I like a big square block. Sigh...they ok like a mint piece of gear.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Well after a long time of gloating about how good of a run I always have with Australia Post it finally happened...fuck you!

Ordered some dmr vaults from pushys in early November...when they were on a good sale. Delivery was delayed, or so the email and tracing told me. And delayed a little more. I've since ordered other items that arrived today.

I go to collect and my postie advises that the pedals have been sitting in the shop for about a month!

And while I haven't had a chance to try them yet, I am pretty sure I won't like the feel of them. They cut in too sharp from axle to front/rear edge for my taste. I like a big square block. Sigh...they ok like a mint piece of gear.
At least you got them.

MasterOfReality

After forever
Our local Australia Post courier is awesome. Never had an issue in the 5 years we have lived here. Even the postie is good, if he has a parcel that needs a signature he will ride up to the front door and get on the horn. If we aren't home he tells us to go around and collect from his place after work.

I had a massive fuck around with DHL once, ordered a laptop, docking station and a few other bits and pieces for my business. Laptop arrived but the rest didn't. Tracking said they had attempted delivery on the same day, being returned to depot. So wait a week for items to be redelivered. Nothing. I call them up and they said it was being returned to sender. Nope hold up, I'm not waiting another 2 months for a new delivery, where is the depot?

They would not tell me the depot location as they insisted it wasn't for customers. I tried a few different agents until I got an address and confirmation that the item was still there. I go to the depot and they have a customer carpark, wtf. Hand the slip to girl behind desk, 10 mins later she says we don't have it. By this stage blood pressure is rising. They eventually found it another 30 mins later but damn that was painful.

scblack

Leucocholic
Our local Australia Post courier is awesome. Never had an issue in the 5 years we have lived here. Even the postie is good, if he has a parcel that needs a signature he will ride up to the front door and get on the horn. If we aren't home he tells us to go around and collect from his place after work.

I had a massive fuck around with DHL once, ordered a laptop, docking station and a few other bits and pieces for my business. Laptop arrived but the rest didn't. Tracking said they had attempted delivery on the same day, being returned to depot. So wait a week for items to be redelivered. Nothing. I call them up and they said it was being returned to sender. Nope hold up, I'm not waiting another 2 months for a new delivery, where is the depot?

They would not tell me the depot location as they insisted it wasn't for customers. I tried a few different agents until I got an address and confirmation that the item was still there. I go to the depot and they have a customer carpark, wtf. Hand the slip to girl behind desk, 10 mins later she says we don't have it. By this stage blood pressure is rising. They eventually found it another 30 mins later but damn that was painful.
DHL can be f*cked.

I had a watch delivery in 2019 to my workplace at the time in Eastern Creek ($4k watch) - the Chrono24 one. Tracking showed it as delivered, but it was not here.

They had delivered it to an unrelated business, in another street, three streets away. But hey - they got the right suburb.....

wesdadude

ウェスド アドゥーデ
Aus Post have their own issues with watches though @scblack

They've been pretty good for me this year, sometimes even beating the estimates. But now they've had the SSD I need before setting up my new laptop sitting in Perth since Monday morning, hopefully it makes it to the delivery van tomorrow. The estimated window does start tomorrow but I thought that was mainly due to floods delaying stuff from the east coast.