Australia Post, I hate you!

Travis22

Likes Dirt
Deff the silly season again.

2 packages in the last 2 weeks from MTB Direct, both delayed by Australia Post. Got a shock yesterday tho when the postman knocked on the front door with my latest delivery (Sunday).

Travis.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
AusPost delivered me a nice new pair of carbon Descendent cranks yesterday. Sunday delivery? I was speechless.

rangersac

Medically diagnosed OMS
Thread dig. Plowing fertile ground here, but anyone else experiencing shite Auspost service recently? Standard paperwork from banks etc is taking one week + to Tasmania, and registered parcels (not just standard non tracked items) from the UK are around the five to six week mark. One particular item which was a duplicate letter sent to both myself and the better half in separate letters had a four day difference in arrival times despite presumably being posted at the same time.

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Actually been having the opposite, their txt service prior to delivery is tops, they hold packages for longer than they used to. The man never leaves a card, but the office is happy for me to show them the txt and my licence, and they've been on time or above.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I'm from Ireland, lately a birthday card can take 3-6 weeks,... though a parcel usually takes 7-14 days.

Strange, it used to take 2 weeks for everything. It changed a few years ago...

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thread dig. Plowing fertile ground here, but anyone else experiencing shite Auspost service recently? Standard paperwork from banks etc is taking one week + to Tasmania, and registered parcels (not just standard non tracked items) from the UK are around the five to six week mark. One particular item which was a duplicate letter sent to both myself and the better half in separate letters had a four day difference in arrival times despite presumably being posted at the same time.
Not recently but they are shit and always have been. Auspost lost a mortgage contract I sent through registered post a few years ago. I had to re do all the paper work and send via express mail to get it there on time. Aud post did nothing about it and we’re not helpful at all. The original papers turned up after settlement of the property.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
I can buy shit from eastern europe and have it arrive quicker than stuff from Sydney, 150Kms away?
the box even stated "electronic equipment" being posted from Kazakhstan!
they need to change their name from Aust Post to Lost Post!

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
I can buy shit from eastern europe and have it arrive quicker than stuff from Sydney, 150Kms away?
the box even stated "electronic equipment" being posted from Kazakhstan!
they need to change their name from Aust Post to Lost Post!
I had a wheelset smashed up 3 months ago. After I lodged a complaint I got an email saying I would be contacted.... Like I said it's been 3 months

Flow-Rider

Burner
Any one tried dragging these arseholes through small claims court ?

They handed me an empty box with a large hole in the bottom and done everything they could have to drag it out, it went for months with emails to and fro for this and that, and in the end nothing except for the original postal company sent me a refund of $16 when I lost $120 worth of spokes.

I suggest to anyone never accept broken packages, let them send it back and get a refund or let them sort the damaged goods. In my case the delivery driver even admitted to Austpost that the package was damaged before hand, package was insured but every excuse under sun, even the wankers at Bike24 played arse hats as they didn't want to forward the required details to Austpost even though I had, it needed to be claimed from at their end.

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere

Live2DieTrying

Likes Bikes and Dirt
8 days and waiting for a parcel sent from South Australia to Melbourne.
Check the tracking, it is waiting in a processing facility in QLD!!
WTF is wrong with them. Isn't the Post code the first step in mail sorting. QLD does not start with a 3.

2 weeks ago I sent a parcel from Melb to W.A which took 9 days to get there.
England can deliver from the other end of the world faster than this.

I swear Aus post are just getting worse and worse. They are doing such a bad job of adapting.
"Powering parcel delivery" My Arse!!

Flow-Rider

Burner
FFS, I've got five other parcels from China ordered at the same time from different vendors and none have arrived.

Thanks for getting in touch about your fishing reel handle expected from China. I understand you would be concerned that this parcel has been scanned as delivered and you have not received it.

Please accept my apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

****, our records confirm your item U*N was successfully delivered on 6 July 2020 with no signature required. This item was delivered to an address in Deception Bay and I can assure you that it was not addressed to yourself in *.

The reason for this would most likely be that the sender in China has provided you with the tracking number for someone else's order, this happens quite a bit with items purchased from overseas.

I recommend contacting the sender directly and asking them to please double check the tracking number for your purchase.

I'm sorry that I haven't had better news for you today, but hope this information has helped clarify the situation and the next steps for you to take. I wish you luck in getting this resolved and hope you have a great day.

Kind Regards,

Customer Care

Australia Post

Travis22

Likes Dirt
The last items ive purchased from china took 2 months for delivery. They arrived in Australia within days of being sent (couple days apart). Then sat somewhere for a very long time, then oddly enough they we’re delivered. But the delivery info on the parcels say they were sent from someone with an address in NSW. Both items are still on my Aus post app as not being delivered yet.

Different sellers, different sent from addresses in NSW... but the same odd situation.

Flow-Rider

Burner
They may have possibly lied about it being scanned as delivered too, because its trackable post and stops in Sydney. :mad:

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Yes, often the germans use shit packaging. tear them a new one by all means, but lodge all the relevant complaints.
It is not restricted to bike parts. Where I work we are agents for a large German pump manufacturer. They sent a pump to us (paid for by one of our customers) in a cardboard box strapped to a tiny pallet. The kicker was that the pump wasn't even bolted down to the wooden pallet just loose. Brand new pump weighing 150kg at a cost of $20,000 flopping around in a box. Got dropped somewhere along the way too. Pump f#cked

Sent from my INE-LX2 using Tapatalk

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
AusPost took 2 weeks to work out my package was at the wrong distribution centre and to get it to the correct one. I could have walked it been the two in less than half a day.