Australia Post, I hate you!

bowzaa

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Funny i spot this thread tonight.
I had a big whinge today (yes, very english of me:p) about aust. post inconsistancies.
I've sent over 10 frames with them, and been charged anywhere from $6.95 for a 8kg package in a rect. cube shape, to $40 for a cut down irr. shaped frame box weighing less.
However, what took the cake today was posting a frame where i was told it would be cubed, and therefore although the package was 4kg, i was expected to pay for a 25kg based on it's volume. Therefore i was asked to cough up $75. I proceeded to grab my parcel and leave, although i was told, if i tape a box on top of the side of it, thus making it irregular, it wouldn't be cubed and i could send it for the weight.
Wasn't very happy with them, so i used another post office. $12 later no box mods and we were in business.
I don't mind paying what is fair, i just think it should be a fair system. Just like mike mentioned, they need to be uniform.

[/rant]

saundo

Likes Dirt
I went to one aus post to send a frame, they mesured it up and sed it will have to be special courier (spelling?) and that it would cost around $150, so i was like fark that, as i told the guy who bought my frame it would cost about $20 postage. It was not looking so good. The best courier price i could get was $140 and i was pissed. So i went to another aus post in the next suburb, $15 later and not a single problem, my frame was on its way. Explain that aus post

Griff

Likes Bikes
I recently posted a set of shocks O/Seas and it cost $100+ Good Ol' Aussie post again. However thanks to your rants I'm now a little better informed - If I don't like the price I'll shop around.

BTW. How do you all post bikes around Australia?

Chalkie

Likes Dirt
Some employees at Aus post are just idiots. I remember once I was posting a frame interstate. Walking up to the counter I went to put the box on the counter to which the lady said "no, no no, we cannot post that here, its far too large" I was young and pretty shocked so I accepted what she said and left. The bloody woman didn't weigh it, measure it, nothing! After coming to my senses I went back in and complained. Sure enough it was within the acceptable sizes and cost me $15...
Moral of the story, if you know you are right argue, respectfully, anything else will get you no where. If this doesn't work speak to someone of higher authority. Still no luck? Go to the next post office, wash, rinse and repeat.

As for Hong Kong postal service, its not really a fair comparison. They are in a class of their own. Ordered a lens on Monday, received it the same Thursday.

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
another bitch-

kona boy sent me some cranks $10.50 express WA to here in vic

for me to send cranks to him $27.50 to send him a different set of cranks.

I get charged a shitload for postage out of here- its shit honestly quoted $70 to send a wheel to him yet he has sent wheels out for alot less..

really Aus post pick the ball up;

NH_

Likes Bikes and Dirt
and now after the shock has been serviced and sent back its taken them over 5 days to get it to me after leaving customs which is like 30-40 minutes from my place! so now i have no shock for a state round, bloody great

| D | M | R |

Likes Dirt
yea something pretty much the same happened to me... ohh well S**T happens doesn't it?

on the other hand I got a good deal with Aus post :D I posted about 15 things to 15 dif people, Including 2 frames, branks, bars stem ect... basically a bike split. the thing is they only charged me $36 for EVERTHING, they must have made a mistake i think they may have only charged me for 1 of the frames to perth:D

Flow-Rider

Burner
Austpost contractor delivered an empty box with a big tear in the bottom from bike24. Delivery bloke hands me a box that's light as a feather and I notice a huge tear in the bottom of the box, so before he leaves I empty the contents out and find nothing, zilch, no DT swiss spokes. All but leaked out of the box somewhere along the line. :( :mad:

I think it will be the last time I'll order anything more from Bike24 too, FFS if they'd only pack the Fckn things properly this sort of shit wouldn't happen or happen less.

spokes.jpg

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Austpost contractor delivered an empty box with a big tear in the bottom from bike24. Delivery bloke hands me a box with nothing in it but paper packing and I notice a huge tear in the bottom of the box, so before he leaves I empty the contents out and find nothing, zilch, no DT swiss spokes. All but leaked out of the box somewhere along the line. :( :mad:

I think it will be the last time I'll order anything more from Bike24 too, FFS if they'd only pack the Fckn things properly this sort of shit wouldn't happen or happen less.

View attachment 342715
That sucks donkey balls. I have had packages from USA, UK, Ze Germans (bike24, hibike, bikediscount, etc) and haven't got an empty box yet.

I Suspect that "sumcunt" has nicked the contents (but it could have been the crap packaging.) If the contents simply fell out, then it does seem strange that a logistics worker somewhere along the line would not have put them back in the box and re-taped it up.

Did you ask the contractor to lodge a case?
did you contact Auspost to lodge a complaint/case?
Did you email bike24 to let them know an empty box turned up (and you have also informed Auspost?)
Did you pay via paypal or CC? lodge PP complaint or CC chargeback with bank as appropriate. (take it up with Auspost and Bike24 first. Being civil but firm does help.)

Yes, often the germans use shit packaging. tear them a new one by all means, but lodge all the relevant complaints.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Did you ask the contractor to lodge a case?
did you contact Auspost to lodge a complaint/case?
Did you email bike24 to let them know an empty box turned up (and you have also informed Auspost?)
Did you pay via paypal or CC? lodge PP complaint or CC chargeback with bank as appropriate. (take it up with Auspost and Bike24 first. Being civil but firm does help.)

Yes, often the germans use shit packaging. tear them a new one by all means, but lodge all the relevant complaints.
Contractor told me to put a complaint into Auspost. which I have done and it's a 6 weeks wait investigation.

I did pay via paypal so there might be some recourse there but not sure how much, the parcel did get transferred from DHL in Europe to Austpost so the spokes could have gone missing anywhere. Funny thing was it never got scanned after in hit Australia shores and the box had a sticker on it from Australia post to do so. I tried to track the number with Austpost, it wouldn't work and then all of the sudden the delivery turns up today.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
That looks deliberate. I've had a couple of boxes turn up with unusual openings and items missing. I've not hand any issues from the retailer in resolving the issue.

Flow-Rider

Burner
That looks deliberate. I've had a couple of boxes turn up with unusual openings and items missing. I've not hand any issues from the retailer in resolving the issue.
Just done a Google about bike24 and seems to be a very common practise of theirs to ship items in bad packaging. I actually had some problems ordering the spokes through them in the first place, they showed stock on their site that they didn't have. So an already delayed wheel build is going to take even longer. I've sent them an email about it and no response so far.

teK--

Eats Squid
Just done a Google about bike24 and seems to be a very common practise of theirs to ship items in bad packaging. I actually had some problems ordering the spokes through them in the first place, they showed stock on their site that they didn't have. So an already delayed wheel build is going to take even longer. I've sent them an email about it and no response so far.
Keep at it their customer service is slow but I've eventually reached a resolution despite the occasional language barrier.

stirk

Burner
IMG_20180130_174825224-1336x1002.jpg
Thanks mate, paid premium for express post as I was desperate for a spunding valve and fetch this out of the small mailbox, note the fragile sticker used to tape the box.

IMG_20180130_174621294-1336x1002.jpg

Nope doesn't fit.

^^^pics reversed, tried to fix, new format confusing meh