Australia Post, I hate you!

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Ha! A while back (living elsewhere in the suburb) I had a "dispute" with some little scrotes down the road...but they thought I lived next door.

My poor neighbour's letterbox copped a thrashing! I continually repaired it, they couldn't work out why their letterbox was under attack...

stirk

Burner
Ha! A while back (living elsewhere in the suburb) I had a "dispute" with some little scrotes down the road...but they thought I lived next door.

My poor neighbour's letterbox copped a thrashing! I continually repaired it, they couldn't work out why their letterbox was under attack...
Yeah a baseball bat swung by Kiefer Sutherland hanging out the car window would have a field day with that letterbox.

stirk

Burner
Just caught Aust post guy scampering up my driveway, no knock on door, i thought that strange until I saw the package.

IMG_20180201_140222339-1336x1002.jpg

Yeah you better scamper mate!

Flow-Rider

Burner
Must be the new standard for Austpost but at least you got your stuff, unlike me. Bike24 hasn't even bothered to get back to me about the issue.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Always been lucky with Aus Post delivering items in a timely manner but lately they have been driving me nuts!

Item ordered from the US, USPS tracking showed in the country late Jan and then Aus Post tracking showed arrived in country 4 days later. Then nothing for a week, gave them a call and was told USPS tracking is not reliable and they are waiting for item to arrive in country....after my call tracking updated as being processed and delivered 2 days later.

Another item from US arrived 9th Feb and nothing..phoned today and this arvo showed as being processed, either a big coincidence or items sit around in depots until someone can be bothered to scan them and send them on their way! :( :mad:

99_FGT

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Always been lucky with Aus Post delivering items in a timely manner but lately they have been driving me nuts!

Item ordered from the US, USPS tracking showed in the country late Jan and then Aus Post tracking showed arrived in country 4 days later. Then nothing for a week, gave them a call and was told USPS tracking is not reliable and they are waiting for item to arrive in country....after my call tracking updated as being processed and delivered 2 days later.

Another item from US arrived 9th Feb and nothing..phoned today and this arvo showed as being processed, either a big coincidence or items sit around in depots until someone can be bothered to scan them and send them on their way! :( :mad:
New performance measure is on resolved cases.
They know they can't meet delivery targets, so they wait until you call and then dispatch, and you think they've done alright.
Expectations managed

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
New performance measure is on resolved cases.
They know they can't meet delivery targets, so they wait until you call and then dispatch, and you think they've done alright.
Expectations managed
Good ol Aus Post.....:confused: more time wasting on hold to get an item that should have been delivered days ago.

Yet1

Likes Dirt
I had an interesting AusPost one recently - CRC order. Tracking had it arriving on a Tuesday, by Tuesday afternoon I was wondering where it was, so checked tracking where it had been updated with "address not know - returning to sender". I double checked the address and it was correct and the same address I have been receiving mail/parcels for 5 years!

After contacting CRC, they contacted AusPost who instructed me it was being re-delivered and the tracking showed it coming on Wednesday (8 days later). I then got a notification saying that it had been delivered! However when I looked at the tracking (when I realised it had not been delivered to my house...) I see that it had been delivered to somewhere in NSW. Great work AusPost!

CRC were good however and gave me an option to get a refund or them to resend the item. Someone in NSW will be enjoying my bike bits!

Flow-Rider

Burner
Almost three weeks but still no news about my parcel from austpost and no answer from bike24 either.

Feel like a serial pest when you've got to constantly chase these sorts of issues up all the time.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
They sent it on the 16th on Jan.
anything I've ordered from bike24 has taken the best part of a month to get to me. pretty sure there was F all in the way of tracking updates or anything.
Frustrating AF, but don't nuke them from orbit just yet. if not there in 7 days or so, then contact them. Sometimes Ze germans can give you the tracking info from their end eg on DHL or whatever service they are using. Auspost often doesn't receive Zip in the way of tracking info.

Flow-Rider

Burner
anything I've ordered from bike24 has taken the best part of a month to get to me. pretty sure there was F all in the way of tracking updates or anything.
Frustrating AF, but don't nuke them from orbit just yet. if not there in 7 days or so, then contact them. Sometimes Ze germans can give you the tracking info from their end eg on DHL or whatever service they are using. Auspost often doesn't receive Zip in the way of tracking info.
You missed my original post where I received an empty box with a hole in it and no parts inside. It's going through some sort of investigation with Austpost and bike24 don't even want to respond.

teK--

Eats Squid
You missed my original post where I received an empty box with a hole in it and no parts inside. It's going through some sort of investigation with Austpost and bike24 don't even want to respond.
I just don't think it's Auspost's fault. If I sent a serving of wet noodles in a paper bag to Germany and all the shit fell out on the way it would probaly be my fault. Do you have any recourse from Paypal or your credit card since the vendor clearly packed the items inadequately?

Flow-Rider

Burner
I just don't think it's Auspost's fault. If I sent a serving of wet noodles in a paper bag to Germany and all the shit fell out on the way it would probaly be my fault. Do you have any recourse from Paypal or your credit card since the vendor clearly packed the items inadequately?
I'm not sure what went on but I suspected that something was wrong when it sat in the hands of Austpost for about 2 weeks before it was delivered. I always follow the tracking and the last note from DHL was that it was handed over to the 'country of origin's carrier' and then one day 2 weeks later, I looked out the front door and here was the courier. I later checked austpost tracking and it had blanks with 2 dates on them and nothing what so ever about location.

They knew it was a damaged box because I questioned the delivery bloke about it and later on when I took it into Austpost, it had weight tag of .75kg and they weighed it at .25kg on their scales. They shouldn't have continued to deliver it.
Anyway, I think Austpost has insurance on it up to $100 so I'll wait and see but I'll bet they have some strange story as why they can't pay up.