Australian Gravity Enduro Series 2014

trailburner

Rocky Trail Entertainment
Together with our friends at Alpine Gravity in Victoria we, Rocky Trail Entertainment, are currently working on the Australian Gravity Enduro series.

For 2014 we plan to bring you events in NSW, VIC, ACT, SA, WA, QLD and TAS. It's quite the extensive undertaking and we aim to confirm all the dates and venues asap. Stay tuned.

Preliminary schedule:
Series Round Organiser Location Race Date
NSW Rocky Trail Entertainment Glenworth Valley 9 March 2014
VIC Alpine Gravity Mt Buller 30 March 2014
SA Inside Line Fox Creek 13 April 2014
ACT Rocky Trail Entertainment Stromlo Forest Park 24 August 2014
QLD Cairns MTB Club TBC Smithfield/Cairns TBC TBC
WA WAMBA TBC TBC
TAS CCMBC TBC TBC

More info will be found here:
http://www.rockytrailentertainment.com/events/GravityEnduro-overview.html

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
Looking forward to the series, going to be a hella lot of fun.

Can you tell us if there is any information on format etc. Specifically I would like to know about the series points and how they will be calculated i.e. best of six rounds, double points for WA like they did for the Nationals, etc.

trailburner

Also doesn't the SA round clash with the Rollercoaster and DH champs in Thredbo?
Unfortunately it does. We are still looking at alternatives but with so many organisers involved it's hard not to clash somewhere.

We are still working on details regarding points etc and will post it here as soon as it's all confirmed.

haydenw

Likes Bikes and Dirt
A round in the brisbane regions would be killer, but either way cool to see a national series that actually goes across our whole country!

cicot

Likes Dirt
That is awsome! I'm looking forward to come there more and more, I'm curious to know what the format will be like...Hope in australia people will get passionate about enduro as it is here in italy, more people, more trails, more fun and cheeks (sometimes..)

trailburner

Updated schedule

We have an updated schedule for you:
The SA Round is on a new date so it doesn't clash with the NSW Rollercoaster Championships anymore and WA just confirmed their date:

SA Inside Line Fox Creek 25 May 2014 (new date)
WA WAMBA TBC 22 June 2014
TAS CCMBC TBC TBC

jackass'd

Likes Dirt
We have an updated schedule for you:
The SA Round is on a new date so it doesn't clash with the NSW Rollercoaster Championships anymore and WA just confirmed their date:

SA Inside Line Fox Creek 25 May 2014 (new date)
WA WAMBA TBC 22 June 2014
TAS CCMBC TBC TBC
Hmmm I think I need to invest in a van as it looks like there will be some road trips next year to do some races outside of QLD. I'm thinking NSW, SA and ACT because of the decent amount of time in between.

Can't wait! Will be a good year with all these races plus the local QLD series!!!

mojomodo

Likes Bikes
Flights booked for the Melbourne and will hopefully make the trip over for WA & QLD

Keen to hit someone up for a lift to Buller from Melbourne and can return the favour for a couple heading down for the Tassie stage :thumb:

benmwatkins

Likes Dirt
Buller round

CHANGES IN BULLER FORMAT: THIS POST HAS BEEN EDITED.

After running the Victorian round of the Elevation Gravity Enduro Series at Mt Buller, we believe trying to run four stages in one day at Mt Buller is logistically impossible, especially if there was a first aid incident or major delay, so we have changed the format from shuttles all day sat and racing sunday, to practice then two stages saturday, then same again sunday.

This is mainly due to the complexity in getting first aid teams and injured riders in and also out of the courses, moving track marshals and timing set ups and staff to multiple locations, and also due to the pure length of some of the stages.

More up to date info will be posted shortly on our web site at www.alpinegravity.net on the Australian Gravity Enduro Series page.

ALPINE GRAVITY

Last edited:

Dreggsy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just giving y'all an update. As the Buller round will be racing and practice on the Sunday, we will also be providing shuttles on the Saturday so everyone has the CHOICE to learn/sight the trails for the following day. This is due to the sheer size of the mountain and it being physically impossible (even if your Paul Van Der Ploeg) to ride up the whole mountain 4 times to practice each stage, then 4 times again to race each stage. We will offer two options for entry being "both Sat and Sun", or a cheaper "Sun only" option. The Sunday only race format will still include some shuttling as this is needed to get from vastly different points/sides of the mountain, and also for safety keeping big rider numbers off the road.

If anyone is thinking "i dont want shuttles" etc....... there will be AT LEAST four timed stages for this event, and two of those stages have a difference in elevation of around 1050 vertical meters/3150 feet and around 20-25 kays in length. Combined with two shorter stages this makes for a very big day on the bike, so shuttles and un-timed liason stages where YOU WILL RIDE YOUR BIKE UP will create a great mix to the day/weekend, and also make it possible to cover so many kays and amazing trails in one event.

So if your planning your weekend for the Vic round, just keep in mind the sat option.

Alpine Gravity.
Sounds great Ben, thanks for the info.

richierich

Likes Bikes
It is great to see a national series for this format. I know it gets a big following up here in Queensland and it will be great to do some travelling next year around the country to do it on some really big mountains.