Australian Gravity Enduro Series 2014

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Rocky Trail Entertainment and Alpine Gravity have been informed by MTBA that they will integrate a gravity enduro discipline into their a national series structures in 2015, regardless of our current series.

We feel that it would not be productive or affordable to the riders to run a competing nation-wide series and will therefore indefinitely suspend our "Australian Gravity Enduro Series", effective immediately. Although we are passionate about our series, ultimately as promoters, our goal is to foster the healthy and sustainable growth of the cycling industry and we feel two rival series will not achieve this.

As the pioneers of this new segment of racing, Rocky Trail and Alpine Gravity are proud to have been a part of such a passionate group of riders and enthusiastic clubs that embraced our series and introduced this sport into Australia. We've had a ball helping promote it to grow over the last few years. We would like to thank our partner clubs in SA, WA and QLD for their support in 2014, and will focus on our own gravity enduro events.

Both Rocky Trail Entertainment in NSW/ACT and Alpine Gravity in VIC have published 2015 events calendars that are brimming with exciting gravity enduro events and we are looking forward to help further grow this sport in Australia and inspire riders with exciting races.
I wrote this on your Facebook page too:

It's a shame you aren't running all of the races in the national series across all disciplines. You do a flawless job, much better than anything MTBA can offer.

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
So the latest news is that the Rockshox Enduro Challenge powered by SRAM and run by EMS at Buller on February 1st will be Round 1 of the MTBA national series. Makes some sense but too bad if you thought you had until April to prepare your national series campaign. Also looks like Round 2 will be Toowoomba March 8.

Last edited:

Bamm

Likes Bikes
mmmmmm

Fun factor gone ?? I guess we will wait and see. Hopefully it's a move forward for our sport and brings talent (aka shit hot riders) to the forefront where they belong. Do these cock holders know what their doing. No disrespect. Oops think I just disrespected

ducky1988

Likes Dirt
If you notice on the MTBA Site they have just kind of palmed it off to local organisations to organize.
Hopefully there is consistency throughout the series. I know SA will be on point

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
If you notice on the MTBA Site they have just kind of palmed it off to local organisations to organize.
Hopefully there is consistency throughout the series. I know SA will be on point
yeah the organisers The Australian GE series was already dealing with.... except they have dropped alpine gravity & rocky trail, undoubtedly 2 of the best organisers of GE events in the country. I'm not saying who they have been replaced with won't do a good job, but it just stinks that those behind pushing the sport over the last few years have been sidelined. Also that Tasmania has been overlooked again.

Hopefully though this means the state rounds they continue to run will just get better and better. maybe even expansion on a state level to open up new event locations kinda like The Oregon Enduro Series in the States.

Im wondering if the Rockshox Enduro Challenge already had the Big names like Graves,Clementz and Rude coming prior to MTBA getting involved or now that they have seen the $$$ .... "hey lets get on this"

Last edited:

Stinky

Likes Dirt
Im wondering if the Rockshox Enduro Challenge already had the Big names like Graves,Clementz and Rude coming prior to MTBA getting involved or now that they have seen the $$$ .... "hey lets get on this"
Both elements have been in the works for quite some time, but I can assure you that there is not much in $$$$. Our goal is to show the rest of the world that while we may not have the mountains of Europe and Canada, Australia has some great potential for Enduro.