Australian Gravity Enduro Series 2014

trailburner

Rocky Trail Entertainment
9 am - just drive down into the valley. You can't miss us. If you are late then keep driving south along the creek until you see the parked cars. Please ALWAYS give horses right of way when we are there.

my02

Likes Dirt
So, any pictures, updates, videos etc of the trail?

Would be interesting to see what we might expect from the Glenworth trail.

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
Looking forward to the series, going to be a hella lot of fun.

Can you tell us if there is any information on format etc. Specifically I would like to know about the series points and how they will be calculated i.e. best of six rounds, double points for WA like they did for the Nationals, etc.
Hey guys, first race is fast approaching. I would appreciate any details on the above.

trailburner

Hey guys, first race is fast approaching. I would appreciate any details on the above.
Series points are explained here: http://www.rockytrailentertainment.com/events/GravityEnduro-rules.html

I will ask Phil (who wore the GoPro at the build day) if his footage is online somewhere.

The trail will start on the fireroad - do a loop on an open paddock - head into the first short technical descent followed by a long traverse before the shit gets real :). A fairly slow but technical and very steep descent.
It includes some supertight corners - we tried to widen them as much as possible but there was only limited room on some of them. One of the lines we had after build day 1 we changed completely at build day 2 to get rid of 2 of those crazy corners. After that it flattens out on more singletrail before hitting a fireroad again for a downhill sprint to the finish line.

Dreggsy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Series points are explained here: http://www.rockytrailentertainment.com/events/GravityEnduro-rules.html

I will ask Phil (who wore the GoPro at the build day) if his footage is online somewhere.

The trail will start on the fireroad - do a loop on an open paddock - head into the first short technical descent followed by a long traverse before the shit gets real :). A fairly slow but technical and very steep descent.
It includes some supertight corners - we tried to widen them as much as possible but there was only limited room on some of them. One of the lines we had after build day 1 we changed completely at build day 2 to get rid of 2 of those crazy corners. After that it flattens out on more singletrail before hitting a fireroad again for a downhill sprint to the finish line.
if there is camping on sat night, is there any practice on sat seeing as it's a national event?

benmwatkins

Likes Dirt
Victorian Round 2 Info Update

Gravity Enduro Nationals Victorian Round 2 March 29 & 30 moved to Bright

The Victorian round of the Gravity Enduro National Series run by Alpine Gravity was always set to be a multi stage event over two days, but due to the complexity of the event, and not being able to run this format to its true potential, the event was moved to Bright, but the date remains the same being 29 & 30 March.
However with the move of location it now allows us to broaden the event with multiple trails and extra formats, much like the Enduro World Series. Heres how the event will work:

EVENT OVERVIEW

Round 2 takes place in the beautiful town of Bright where you will descend almost 4000 vertical feet over two days. Mystic Mountain hosts a maze of technical and challenging trails that we have linked together to form a total of NINE challenging stages, complete with descending, pedalling, traversing and technical trails. Experience world class alpine views, terrain and racing, with the event village having music pumping, full catering and live timing, providing an exciting atmosphere.

Sat 29th Stage 1: 10am Super Enduro Format: Four timed descending trails with un-timed liason stages in between, with the stage starting at the top of the mountain and finishing at the bottom.

Sat 29th Stage 2: 2pm Gravity Enduro Format: One longer timed stage from half way up the mountain to the bottom.

Sun 30th Stage 3: 10am Super Enduro Format: Three timed descending stages with un-timed liason stages in between, again starting at the top of the mountain and finishing at the bottom.

Sun 30th Stage 4: 1pm Gravity Enduro Format: One timed stage from halfway up the mountain to the event village.

Unique features of this event:

Nine total competitive stages
Combined stage times added together for your overall result
Live timing direct to the internet
Cash prizes for Elite men and Women
Euro style liason stages
Downloadable GPS course maps available online
No official practice during event

EVENT INFO FOR THE VIC ROUND WILL BE REGULARLY UPDATED ON THE AUSTRALIAN GRAVITY ENDURO SERIES PAGE AT: www.alpinegravity.net

trailburner

Thanks to Phil Leslie for giving us his GoPro footage from the ride he did at the Glenworth Valley track. The track starts approx 1km before the video begins.
[video=youtube_share;9Pe7dui0CpA]http://youtu.be/9Pe7dui0CpA[/video]

trailburner

Looks fun .Whens the next build day looks like it needs more work
We will be there Friday morning to give the top section a bit of a haircut.
Saturday you can do push-runs and trackwalks but we are not allowed to run shuttles (including private ones).

On Saturday evening we are planning an Enduro Campfire, which is a regular campfire but Enduro :)

Gravityfreak

Likes Dirt
We will be there Friday morning to give the top section a bit of a haircut.
Saturday you can do push-runs and trackwalks but we are not allowed to run shuttles (including private ones).

On Saturday evening we are planning an Enduro Campfire, which is a regular campfire but Enduro :)
Do you want assistance on Friday AM?

my02

Likes Dirt
Looking at the video above, the soil around the 2.00 mark looks like it would get quite badly damaged with a lot of riders although there does appear to be a lot of exposed rock.

I wonder if there is a potential issue that the resort will be upset with a section of track and fire trail getting damaged by wet riding and leaving an area that appears ugly, unusable for a while or requiring money or labour to rectify damage. I seem to recall that an event at Ourimbah last year resulted in a few areas getting quite badly chewed out after wet riding.

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
The soil there is very similar to Del Rio, sand... sand... more sand... and rock, it's the type of soil that will blow out with a lot of traffic no matter if it's wet or dry. Hopefully the rain will wash away a lot of the really soft stuff.

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
I wonder if there is a potential issue that the resort will be upset with a section of track and fire trail getting damaged by wet riding and leaving an area that appears ugly, unusable for a while or requiring money or labour to rectify damage.
Considering they hold Tough Mudder events there, I don't think there will be much of a problem and seeing how it's part of a national series I think it will be run regardless of the weather or track conditions.

my02

Likes Dirt
Considering they hold Tough Mudder events there, I don't think there will be much of a problem and seeing how it's part of a national series I think it will be run regardless of the weather or track conditions.
Ok. Thats great to hear. My concern was damage being done and having that seen by someone out of the of the MTB community and misconstruing it as "MTB tears up bushland" or similar melodramatic rhetoric.

And still interested to know if you need help on Friday morning.

Last edited: