Australian Mini Truck websites

floody

Wheel size expert
Awesome stuff Skivi. But that old yank iron is pulling far in excess of Hilux dollars nowadays.
I have harboured a latent dream to do a circa 1980 Hilux longbed 2wd, flat black, 15x8" and 15x10" oval track steels, black vinyl interior, 351 clevo, and masses of speed parts stickers obscuring the rear window, rear quarter panels and gate. Just to f#ck with both crowds. Perhaps when the skyline is done.

NCR600

Likes Dirt
Didn't minitrucks stop being interesting about the same time as Aussie hip-hop did? About 10 years ago?

Ziggy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hurf durf....

The amount of effort that goes into some of them is crazy. Theres really no point in making useless jokes about them...

floody

Wheel size expert
Hurf durf....

The amount of effort that goes into a tiny percentage of them is crazy. Theres really no point in making useless jokes about them... but the vast majority of sideways cap retards in primered, shaved, standard height rodeos and couriers are fair game
Fixed for you.

Arete

Likes Dirt
Hurf durf....

The amount of effort that goes into some of them is crazy. Theres really no point in making useless jokes about them...
Turning a tradie ute into a show car always seemed to me to be a bit like turning a shifting spanner into a souvenir teaspoon. It will take a commendable amount of effort, most people who try will just end up ruining their shifter and you could have just started with a spoon.

wespelarno

Likes Dirt
Turning a tradie ute into a show car always seemed to me to be a bit like turning a shifting spanner into a souvenir teaspoon. It will take a commendable amount of effort, most people who try will just end up ruining their shifter and you could have just started with a spoon.
I'm not a minitruck fan-a modern pickup that has been chopped, dropped and shaved then made to look like a pimp does absolutely nothing for me. But take something OLD and do the same chop, drop and shave (and skip the pimp theme) looks incredibly. I got taken for a spin in a 700hp Chevy C10 that had undergone that treatment. Driven by an ex top-fueler it was exciting to say the least. The car had combined style and performance-in the back it had two tool boxes, although they were filled with NOS tanks.

Arete

Likes Dirt
I'm not a minitruck fan-a modern pickup that has been chopped, dropped and shaved then made to look like a pimp does absolutely nothing for me. But take something OLD and do the same chop, drop and shave (and skip the pimp theme) looks incredibly. I got taken for a spin in a 700hp Chevy C10 that had undergone that treatment. Driven by an ex top-fueler it was exciting to say the least. The car had combined style and performance-in the back it had two tool boxes, although they were filled with NOS tanks.
Yeah I didn't have things like effies and chevs in mind writing that post, more your shaved n bagged lowlux/deo/courier/etc. It's a vehcile designed to be above all else practical - why not start with a car at least to some extent designed with aesthetics in mind?

I did briefly own a 48 DeSoto I was hoping to work on but alas moved house and lost the space. Moving to the US in 3 weeks now... looking forward to what I can own...

RangaRMX

Likes Dirt
www.aussiesporttrucks.com

they did have a 300 kw supercharger kit to fit my rodeo for sale there secondhand for 4 grand :shock:
Not saying you wanted that kit, but that just proves how retarded the mentality of some people (mini truckers) are.

All you need to do is drive an XR6 turbo in ute and sedan form to realize that UTEs are fucking dangerous when powered up beyond a certain level, well maybe it's not so much the power, but lack of ability to control said power. CRAZY lift off oversteer anyone?

I'm looking to get an 89-94 model, extra cab, style side, auto Hilux or Rodeo with less than 200k on the clock. Want it to be somewhat practical, but still have the chick-pulling, impress-the-mates looks.
Make it so it can go anywhere, instead of just on flat roads no speed humps ;)

Hurf durf....

I wont deny that there may be time and money spent (wasted) and if you call that effort then fine by me.
I'm gonna go now and put many years of effort into counting how many blades of grass are in my lawn.

It's how relevant and useful that time and money spent will be and when you're talking about mini trucks that "effort" is a fucking waste.