Australian Mini Truck websites

sxereturn

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm looking to get an 89-94 model, extra cab, style side, auto Hilux or Rodeo with less than 200k on the clock. Want it to be somewhat practical, but still have the chick-pulling, impress-the-mates looks.

Ivan

Eats Squid
for those years i would chose the rodeo....you can get all the sweet billet etc stuff from the states for it

sxereturn

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well, I was actually thinking Hilux more than anything, and the shape didn't change between '89 and '94. Plus, my uncle has a '94 one and knows it inside out so he can work on it for me...

Griz

Likes Dirt
sxereturn have a search though the memebers theres a dude called AUSTEN his in QLD and is into Mini Trucks!

NCR600

Likes Dirt
hi i all does anyone know if there is a different gear box that cant be put in a 98 courier

You could probably fit a Hewland DGB transaxle in there if you really wanted to. I mean anything's possible with the right gear and inclination ain't it?

I was in Port Maquarie last weekend whilst Mini Madness 09 was on. I never quite worked out where the show was, apart from the fact the town was overtaken by hordes of poorly executed and generally shithouse minitrucks, all of which seemed to be flying P plates.

Thanks guys for making the mid north coast highway patrol place a car every 10 kilometers on my trip back home on Sunday. You might not be able to travel at over the limit because your shitty trucks shake themselves to bits at anything over 70, but I can, and I resent the police presence.

skivi

Likes Dirt
traditional hot rod/custom pickups are where it's at.

if your capable with most things mechanical and body i can't see why a mild pickup (providing your start with a good base) would cost you more to build then a decent hopped up hilux on bags, with a new interiour, sound system, wheels/tyres, paint etc.

'58 chevvy el camino with some wild flake

1956 Ford F100
with muchos scallop work

ford

saw this at the Australian hot rod & custom nationals at Phillip island a few weeks ago, it's still in progress. bags and i think it ran a caddy v8 or a SBC, can't remember.