Australian Nationals Adelaide 2010

mittagongmtb

Likes Dirt
Anyone know what the event schedule will be for Australian Nationals Adelaide 2010? XCO: U17 and M50+. (Need to arrange holidays around it...)

butlerhr

Likes Bikes
Anyone know what the event schedule will be for Australian Nationals Adelaide 2010? XCO: U17 and M50+. (Need to arrange holidays around it...)
Anyone, please! Where can we find more up to date information on the Aussie Title in Adelaide? I must be missing something quite obvious here...........

Antsonline

Likes Dirt
Given they have pulled out all catagories from the champs other than pretty much jnr and elite, I would suggest that they are not much interested in having people attend anyway - and as such they will keep details a secret! :D

krizbike

Likes Dirt
From the MTBA website:

------
MTBA announces dates and venues for new look National Series.
Monday, September 7, 2009

The 2009-2010 National MTB series venues and dates have been confirmed.

They are:

Round 1: Glenorchy MTB Park, Tasmania - December 12-13 2009
Round 2: Shepparton, Victoria - January 23-24 2010
Round 3: Thredbo, NSW - February 13-14 2010
Round 4: Stromlo Forest Park, ACT - March 13-14 2010

Together with the Australian MTB Championships in Adelaide 13-17 January 2010 and the Oceania MTB Championships in New Zealand on March 19-21 2010 the quality of the venues and level of competition is set to be the best yet.

All National Series rounds are XCO, XCC, DH and 4X as well as the brand new Enduro Series for solos and pairs.

All information will be available from MTBA in the next few weeks.
-------------------

akashra

Eats Squid
Champs will still have Expert, Open, and age categories, no enduro at Champs.
Or at least that's the information I've been given.

The schedule will be similar to last year - ie, just find the schedule from Stromlo and push it back a day (I think - was Downhill and XCC on Monday? Can't quite remember)... Anyway, it's Downhill/XCC on Sunday.

Antsonline

Likes Dirt
Champs will still have Expert, Open, and age categories, no enduro at Champs.
Or at least that's the information I've been given.
Thats even wierder.
So MTBA still acknowledge the catagories as an Aus champ, yet dont hold a Nat Series for them?

I look forward to being enlightnened.....

bigev

Likes Bikes
Thats even wierder.
So MTBA still acknowledge the catagories as an Aus champ, yet dont hold a Nat Series for them?

I look forward to being enlightnened.....
+1

Event schedule is being finalised at the moment. Cant confirm 100% but U17 and Super Masters both race 1030 Friday Jan 15th.

http://eaglechamp.com/ landing page only at the moment but will be updated progressively in the lead up to the event.

casper99

Likes Dirt
Is it a coincidence that the Australian Championships are on right next to the Tour Down Under? This is great for both events as if you stay a few days longer you get to see some of the best road racing in the world! Also hopefully it brings a few more spectators to the MTB as its so much better to race when there is loads of people watching.

bigev

Likes Bikes
Is it a coincidence that the Australian Championships are on right next to the Tour Down Under? This is great for both events as if you stay a few days longer you get to see some of the best road racing in the world! Also hopefully it brings a few more spectators to the MTB as its so much better to race when there is loads of people watching.
Definately not a coincidence!

Ackland

chats d'élevage
The new 4X and XC short course tracks are pretty much finished for the event, I was up there today and the 4X racing should be INTENSE!
Our local club (www.amtbc.com) is holding state champs at the Nats venue (possibly using the nats course) on Nov 22 if any interested parties want a sticky beak

FROM THE CLUB NEWSLETTER....

Adelaide Mountain Bike State Championship round
The Adelaide Mountain Bike Club today announced that it will be holding a Club State Championship Round at Eagle Park on Sunday November 22.
“We’ve responded to many requests from our members to run an event to determine our club state champion, and this will complement the Winter XC championship. If the event is successful, we would definitely consider making it a permanent part of our race season” said Evan James, race director for this event.
“The concept is to provide a national series race loop, along with a similar number of laps to a national event. It will also be a great opportunity to try some of the new transition sections that have been built around the 4X track, and the riders will get to experience a significant amount of the track we intend to use at the National Championship race in January” said Geoff Luders, AMBC president.

The planned categories are –
Elite and U23 men
Elite Women and U23 women
U19 men
U17 men
Singlespeed
Vets Women (30 – 39)
Masters Women (40 – 49)
Super Master women (50+)
Super Masters men (50+)
Vets men (30 – 39)
Masters Men(40 – 49)

There will be a number of non championship categories, namely -
U15 (men and women)
Sport men (age open)
Sport women (age Open)
Recreation (Men and Women)

Stay tuned for more information in the coming weeks. Online entry will be available for this event from the start of November.

Last edited:

akashra

Eats Squid
What's changing about the crits course - I thought it was the best one on the calendar last year. The only thing that could have improved the course would have been removing the climb to right up the top (as shorttrack is also supposed to be flat track).

bigev

Likes Bikes
What's changing about the crits course - I thought it was the best one on the calendar last year. The only thing that could have improved the course would have been removing the climb to right up the top (as shorttrack is also supposed to be flat track).
Everything! The downhill section of the short track is the now the new 4X.

Jesus.

Likes Bikes
Stay tuned for more information in the coming weeks. Online entry will be available for this event from the start of November.
This is going to be great for someone like me who has not raced the Nationals before.
Are people from other states welcomed at this event Ackland?

Probably a silly question but I am new to the race scene :)

Jesus

Ackland

chats d'élevage
Unsure Jesus.
Best to contact someone at the club via the website I posted above.
The tracks are mighty sandy at the moment up there.....

Freddo

Squid
Hey guys and girls,

I have never ridden in Adelaide before, what's kind of tyres do you recomend for the xc track down there?