Australian Solo MTB Champs - Easter 2010?

BigSplashBear

Likes Dirt
G'day Rotorburners,

Is CORC planning to run the Australian Solo Champs again in Easter 2010?
I've got a solo rider champing at the bit to improve his riding even though he just qualified for an age group entry at WSC2010.

If I can't get an answer, I can see the following turn of events:
"Are the Australian Solo Champs on at Easter 2010?"
"I don't know. Why don't you contact CORC?"
"I don't know. Why not set up your own account on Rotorburn and ask the question?"
"I don't know. Ask me that once more, Princess, and I will beat you unconscious with a brand new Thompson seatpost and dump your limp, lycra clad body on a sacrificial altar on top of Mt Ainslie."
:eek:

In the interest of the safety of this man and my own sanity, any information would be appreciated.

regards,
Bear

Disclaimer: This request has been created for the sole purpose of eliciting information. No Princess Camerons were hurt in the making of this request.

Le Matelot

Canberra Off-Road Cyclists
G'day Rotorburners,

Is CORC planning to run the Australian Solo Champs again in Easter 2010?
etc etc
We will be running a Solo 24Hr race at Easter 2010 at Majura, because we like that race (and so do a lot of you).

Whether or not it is the Aussie Champs is a different question.

CORC's contract with MTBA to run the Australian Solo 24Hr MTB Champs concluded with the 2009 race, and MTBA have not yet issued a request for tender document for the next series.
Ask me that once more, Princess, and I will beat you unconscious with a brand new Thompson seatpost and dump your limp, lycra clad body on a sacrificial altar on top of Mt Ainslie.
Judging by the media reports, the sacrificial altar stuff on the top of Mt Ainslie was the weekend just finished, so you might have missed your chance.

Last edited:

mr-grumpy

Likes Bikes
We will be running a Solo 24Hr race at Easter 2010 at Majura, because we like that race (and so do a lot of you).

Well sure, if by like you mean the single best race of the year, then sure I like it.

no roadies, no numpties, no dickheads doing "hot laps". Just 100 like minded nutters all in their own little world of hurt.

Tazdevil

Likes Bikes
Solo World Qualifier

In fear of being hunted down, shot and then eaten, I ask this question with great caution:

Will the CORC Solo only event at Easter be a qualifying event for the Solo Worlds at Stromlo next year?

<scurrying away>

Jackstack

Likes Dirt
Can someone please help me with a perfectly logical reason to convince the Boss why I need to spend Easter weekend doing this race as preperation for the 'Worlds' later in the year.
After completing the Scott and wanting more was put on a once a year ration of solo 24.

Hornsby

Likes Dirt
I thought this race had been cancelled for 2010 due to the road widening.:confused:

If it is on I will have to reopen the negotiations with the wife to be able to attend and train for it.

Dreggsy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I think those road works are still a few years away,

So we will still have access to the best race of the year...........ever.

ebuk

Likes Dirt
Will the CORC Solo only event at Easter be a qualifying event for the Solo Worlds at Stromlo next year?
I think Russ needs to add his reply to his signature block.

More importantly, what tyre pressure will everyone be running at easter?

BigSplashBear

Likes Dirt
Thanks

Whether or not it is the Aussie Champs is a different question.

CORC's contract with MTBA to run the Australian Solo 24Hr MTB Champs concluded with the 2009 race, and MTBA have not yet issued a request for tender document for the next series.
Thanks Russ. Appreciate it immensely.

Best wishes, Bear.

mr-grumpy

Likes Bikes
Just leave brocolli out if it.....
Maybe Corc will give everyone a souvenir salami as a finishing prize this year.

Oh and I will be running 110psi. but I am going to let my shocks down to 15psi to compensate.
Either that, or I will walk again.