Avalanche open bath fork upgrade

single-pivot

Likes Dirt
Hey all . So I've a lyrik 170 mm travel rct3 solo air .
I'm looking to upgrade to the avalanche damper kit . has any done this conversion ?
What'd you think ?
Then there's the new lyrik damper kit I could install has any one tried that ?
Cheers Steve

teK--

Eats Squid
Hey all . So I've a lyrik 170 mm travel rct3 solo air .
I'm looking to upgrade to the avalanche damper kit . has any done this conversion ?
What'd you think ?
Then there's the new lyrik damper kit I could install has any one tried that ?
Cheers Steve
Yeah I did the Avalanche conversion on a Fox 34. Best mod ever.

mark22

Likes Dirt
Yeah I did the Avalanche conversion on a Fox 34. Best mod ever.
Not sure you would get a great/any improvement with the Avalanche over the Charger damper, cost would be up there for.... return. Best MOD I made on mine was a Vorsprung Luftkappe with regular servicing, cant fault it really.

teK--

Eats Squid
Not sure you would get a great/any improvement with the Avalanche over the Charger damper, cost would be up there for.... return. Best MOD I made on mine was a Vorsprung Luftkappe with regular servicing, cant fault it really.
The Charger damper is pretty good, but nothing beats a custom tuned damper. An open bath one at that. There's a reason also why Avalanche (and many other companies) have a retrofit for the Charger system to tune/improve it.

What other mods did you do aside from the Luftkappe?

single-pivot

Likes Dirt
Hey , cheers guys for replying .
Forks feeling bit old / not as good as when new.
Reasoning being didn't want to buy new forks just yet so thought damper upgrade would spruce them up a bit .
Was planing self installed

Paulie_AU

Likes Dirt
Hey , cheers guys for replying .
Forks feeling bit old / not as good as when new.
Reasoning being didn't want to buy new forks just yet so thought damper upgrade would spruce them up a bit .
Was planing self installed
Have they been serviced recently? A lower service and change of oil might get them feeling better.

Z

Zaf

DIY at home. The avalanche system is very easy to install.
Just because I love frothing over bike tech, got any photos of your damper?
I've ordered a few things for the new bike from a small company in France of a similar vein.

single-pivot

Likes Dirt
Cool . Yes I've serviced them , but about to do again . have oil seals ready to go .
Not nocking lyrik , such a great fork just redirecting my urge to spend on new set of forks .
Looks like avalanche damper kit should be what I'm after

mark22

Likes Dirt
The Charger damper is pretty good, but nothing beats a custom tuned damper. An open bath one at that. There's a reason also why Avalanche (and many other companies) have a retrofit for the Charger system to tune/improve it.

What other mods did you do aside from the Luftkappe?
None