Awesome bike industry customer service experience

notso

Likes Dirt
I used to really try to buy local. I really did. The benefits you used to get from a service and warranty perspective used to well outweigh the savings made. Now, I'd say it's the opposite.

The story goes like this.......

I bought these pedals off CRC the other week because there is no Australian distributor for this brand (Fire Eye). Unfortunately I binned it nicely the other day and bent the axle in my right pedal. Now I was pretty pissed off because they're only about 3 weeks old and are pretty expensive. But the crash and subsequent was my fault so I assumed I would have to suck it up.

I jumped on CRC to try to find a replacement axle or something like that with no luck. Failing that, I jumped on their website and emailed them asking where I could purchase a new axle kit.

KAPOW!... before you know it (i'm talking minutes here) I'm being cc'd in on emails between people at FireEye and Hotlines (UK Distributor) and all of a sudden they're sending me out a brand new pair of pedals at no charge.

Best customer service experience ever.... from the other side of the world.

I'd be interested to see if and when they get a distributor out here, they're as proficient as this. I will definitely be buying their shit again. (although it's a shame they don't make more DH stuff)

Ben

dunndog

Eats Squid
That's about as good as it gets, bar sending a chopper load of bikini girls to deliver them to you!

jimmijolly

Likes Bikes
Old school service like that will go a long way, these days with the market as competitive as it is, look after your customers and word gets about pretty quickly

binner

Hath shat hymself
my money

not just the bicycle industry but if most aussie retailers worked like that we would be a much happy consumer of goods and services...

I think the typical aussie supplier/counter boy (broad spectrum of industries) couldn't give a shit about you or what you are trying to purchase. They sit on the opposite side of the counter laughing and carrying on about what happened on the weekend/facebook bullshit/ who they fucked over in the day or talking about what they are going to be doing on the weekend.

garghhhhhhhhhhh

Old school service like that will go a long way, these days with the market as competitive as it is, look after your customers and word gets about pretty quickly
Good service really dose go along way with me. you have hit the nail on the head with that. i do think some shops breed bad culture and bad habits. but the shops who do actually care are always busy.