Ayups users please.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
I'm liking the looks of the Gloworm lights. Prices aren't bad and look good quality
Mine haven't let me down yet.

When/if you do go that way make sure you order the extra/larger batteries at the same time, they won't/can't ship batteries on their own. My alpha set came with the small battery, but knowing what I do now I should've upgraded, I get four 1 hour long commutes out of them on low, and I average about 6 per week.

Take a gander at this Runtime Matrix Click thru the dropbox crap

And Magicshine batteries are compatible, but I haven't tried that yet.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Mine haven't let me down yet.

When/if you do go that way make sure you order the extra/larger batteries at the same time, they won't/can't ship batteries on their own. My alpha set came with the small battery, but knowing what I do now I should've upgraded, I get four 1 hour long commutes out of them on low, and I average about 6 per week.

Take a gander at this Runtime Matrix Click thru the dropbox crap

And Magicshine batteries are compatible, but I haven't tried that yet.
Legend Cardy. Good to have that tip. I was definitely looking at the bigger batteries.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Looks like they run off 18650 batteries. Supersports600, on fleabay is the best place to buy them. He tests every cell, to ensure they're not bodgy knockoff rewraps.

Battery mooch, on ecf (electronic cigarette forum), is the font of all knowledge regarding which are the best 18650's for any particular circumstance. Pretty sure he is on farcebook too, for those that are that way inclined.

I've got about 20 high amp 18650's and 21700's kicking around. Never run out of light.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Ackland

chats d'élevage
Depending on how often you'll need a full 24HR kit, could you just beg/borrow/steal?

Plenty of folk might have lights that they are happy to lend, particularly around the event when daylight is plentiful

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
If you came from the school of halogen + multiple candle stick batteries in your pack ... then the yups are awesome.

That is unless
  1. somebody rides behind you ... easily fixed by being the fatty out the back
  2. you want to ride as fast as you do in daylight ... or at least want to see what you are about to pass, before you pass it ... which really is over rated as you are riding in the dark to get scared and giggle.

If people aren’t using their yups anymore and want to donate it to a good cause ... ie me. I’ll take em ... we use them when camping and general stuffing about

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
If people aren’t using their yups anymore and want to donate it to a good cause ... ie me. I’ll take em ... we use them when camping and general stuffing about
Time to upgrade your general stuffing about lights. Gloworm are excellent.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
looking into dropping some cash on a light setup, any suggestions
currently looking at the Gloworms and some cheapy kits off Eebs!
has anybody taken the leap of faith with K-lite.

Last edited:

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
looking into dropping some cash on a light setup, any suggestions
currently looking at the Gloworms and some cheapy kits off Eebs!
has anybody taken the leap of faith with K-lite, I have know about Kerry (owner/inventor) for many years, and have found him to be quite weird and full of shit from time to time!
I bought a cheap 1200lumen head unit off Ebay and a Trustfire EB03 battery box. Then just buy good quality 18650 batteries and a good charger.