VIC B24 Thule Bright: bikepacking + 24hr racing?

Marx

Likes Dirt
Chucking about an idea, but as there is no such thing as an original idea I figured I'll float it here to see if someone's already done it & what's involved/look out for:

Bikepack Melbourne to Bright, camp, race the B24 at Bright, then bikepack home.

I'm a mere mortal so there is a plan B - train it Melb<>Wangaratta, bike ride Wang <> Bright, camp, race B24 - is a lot more achievable.
Sure this will effect my race pace on the day, but I'm at a stage where racing is more about the experience of it than podiums, so sleeping rough over that weekend and spending at least 3 days in the same pair of nicks might make it a more unique and memorable experience.

I'm going to need supplies for race day, so wondering if the B24 race village is near Bright shops to stock up on Twisties & tropical juice poppers.

*NB- I was previously contemplating this with the Beechworth 6 hour, but they weren't offering camping at the race village for that.

MJG

Likes Dirt
I'm going to need supplies for race day, so wondering if the B24 race village is near Bright shops to stock up on Twisties & tropical juice poppers.
The B24 race village is at the Pioneer Park Recreation Reserve (footy ground) on Coronation Avenue about 1 km at most out of the centre of Bright. Access to food won't be a problem.

rooftop

Cannon Fodder
Chucking about an idea, but as there is no such thing as an original idea I figured I'll float it here to see if someone's already done it & what's involved/look out for:

Bikepack Melbourne to Bright, camp, race the B24 at Bright, then bikepack home.
The following rule might be a problem:

• Solo entrants must have a minimum of one support person.