Back down to earth!

millzy555

Likes Bikes
Had an incident today, with some idiot driving not giving way. On my way to pick up some gear off a fellow forum member. End result me crashing through his windscreen, over the roof and hitting the road. Witnessed by all. Travelling about 35km/h, and no time to brake. So will be definitely wearing armour next time and sticking off the roads, too many inconsiderate drivers. Worst thing is the prick tried to blame me, when clearly he was in the wrong (not giving way when turning right). Solicitor across the road agreed with me. Currently icing every bone/ muscle in the body. Lesson to all: Dont trust anyone on the road! :(

Attachments

Zam

Likes Dirt
Glad to hear you got away from it relatively unscathed, lets hope you get enough out of him for a nice new upgraded bike....

millzy555

Likes Bikes
[Yeah I'm good. Bike has some scrapes but pretty straight. no legal action taken. Just glad to be in one piece

Zam

Likes Dirt
Good to hear you're alright and no legal action, don't want to turn into American and sue everyone for being silly....

aanon

Likes Dirt
Shit man, glad your ok.
I am amazed at the amount of drivers who do not look beyond their bonnet, i commute every day and see people who should have there licences fuc#ing destroyed.

millzy555

Likes Bikes
I experience it enough whilst driving myself, no indicators, halfway across lanes etc. I've traded in the hookworms for knobbies and sticking off the road and onto the tracks. And wearing my motorbike armour for extra protection!, Full face helmet on order!

casnell

Likes Bikes and Dirt
White tradie van ! Beware !!!!!

I've had about 5 hits on the road in 25 years, 4 with white vans/utes.

wilddemon

Likes Dirt
Glad to hear you are ok. If it were me I'd be hitting him up for some upgrades, maybe I'm a prick...

what!? are those your nuts hanging from the wiper? might wanna check :)

edit: no, my mistake, must be seeing things.

millzy555

Likes Bikes
Glad to hear you are ok. If it were me I'd be hitting him up for some upgrades, maybe I'm a prick...

what!? are those your nuts hanging from the wiper? might wanna check :)

edit: no, my mistake, must be seeing things.
Haha i do see the funny side, have been copping it a fair bit from mates!

Genius Josh

Likes Dirt
Glad to hear you are ok. I used to commute in London but wouldn't here. The drivers attitude is the road is no place for a bicycle and I tend to agree.

Urban DH

Likes Bikes and Dirt
shit mate, thats a nice one, i've had countless close calls commuting and with 90% of the time people not giving way, i will admit on some occasions i have been at fault and you just have to accpet that, but i am sick to death on people telling me the road is no place for bikes, yes it has a high level of risk, that is what you agree to when you ride on the road but for god sake people they dont call them road bikes for nothing now do they? i'm a patient man but some people just dont understand what the hell they're doing. i.ve had bottles, abuse and all manner of other tings hurled at me and only one did i lose it and catchup to a driver at lights had throw his rubbish in his car and knock him one, i'm not proud of it but bloody oath he deserved alot more that i gave him.

glad to hear your relativly in tact, stay safe and don't let them win!

wilddemon

Likes Dirt
went for a ride today, and twice locked up the back wheel for a split second going into roundabouts because drivers from the left looked like they might not stop. I reckon I'm going to run lights (ay ups) during the day, see if that helps.

I also got overtaken by some guy, came within 30 cms of my bars (mtb) and of course going double my speed (uphill of course :)). That wasn't such a big deal, but he had a whole other lane to use (dual carriageway). I looked back, there was noone else in sight. Why do drivers have to come so close, when I'm near the gutter, and they have so much road to use? Makes me think I should be riding closer to the middle of the lane where I won't have to deal with drainage grates, broken road and glass / rocks / pebbles / etc. and send drivers a bit wider. But maybe that's why other riders are getting rubbish thrown at them. Any advice?

Hope you are healing up okay millzy

Last edited: