Back Flips What Do Ya Think?

fastrider_ben

Likes Dirt
Wonder how hard a backflip would be??????

Me and fastrdier_gus were talking about the other day, about how difficult they would be

Has anyone at farkin tried one
What does everyone think?

(alt+p)

[/img]http://www.pinkbike.com/modules/photo/?op=view&image=81475

ELX

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'd be too scared to try one because i wouldn't want to land on my head, but i have heard from A BMXer i know that there not actually that hard and it's just overcoming the fear of actually attempting one. In my opinion i dont think that they would be all that hard because you just use the naturaly kick of any big enough jump and sort of follow the motion through. That could be completly wrong, it's just how I feel you'd pull one off. You would have to be going pretty fast though, and get alot of air. Backflips are crazy.

fastrider_ben

Likes Dirt
i think just stuffing up the rotation part loosin momemtum when u get upsidedown, ive seen a few motocross riders doing that, hurts.

Fat_Ride

Likes Bikes and Dirt
From what I know is that when you are at the top of the rotation you feel as though you are going backward and try to turn around screwing yourself right up.... I don't think i'll ever have the balls to try one so I guess i'll never know.
Remember guys... You come off and break your arm you are out for 6 weeks, if you come down and break your neck.... you aint never coming back. BE CAREFUL, only 'you' know your limits.

stooge

Likes Dirt
In fremantle there is a skate park with a foam pit, i am going 2 practice my backflips there, im comfortable with backflips on my trampoline(Josh uve seen my vids ay?!?!?) and on the ground(with out bike) so it will be interesting to see how i go :D

Stoooge
"Ride On"

Az

Likes Dirt
hmmmm on a bike no, on ski's is another question, the landing is much softer!!!

looseunit

Likes Dirt
A freind of mine spent months wanting to do a backflip, he could do them in to a lake jump and had only ever attemted to do one on a jump and crashed. What he ended up doing was going up to QLD and staying with Ryan cant remeber his second name. By ridding with riders who could do flips it help to push him self and by the time he came back he is doing backflip turndowns.

He also says that back flips are easier to do than 360s and tailwips that said he could only do flips on bigger jumps.

sxereturn

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Backflips are easier than 1 handers. It's all in your head. It's simple...lean back pretty hard, and when you see the landing, watch it.

Too bad I can't get over the initial fear of doing flips without foam under me.

fastrider gus

super huck
ill think about it if there are a heap of hotties willing to shower me with glory if i do one. and if the jump is reeeealy soft...

SpectRe

Likes Dirt
Yeah ive been pondering over the possibility of trying one - just not too keen on landing on my head is all....
I'd be too likely to mess up, upon getting upside down lol :)

wombat

Lives in a hole
I watched one of my mates learning it, he landed it sketchy second attemp, and smooth as third try; the first one though was not pretty, head plant to flat from over 15 feet up. He admitted he wouldn't have done it though if he didn't have the pressure of a comp (it was at the bike show year before last, they were running the planet x trials).

CHEWY

Eats Squid
i may possibly might try one this weekend on ski's... going to try and stick a 360 this year, last time i did it i only got round 270 degrees and ended up gettin mild conccusion

wombat

Lives in a hole
fastrider gus said:
was that the melb show? i only remember BMXers jumping that funbox...
Nah, it was the '02 show at rosehill (sydney). They had a pair of big DJs, and a trials set up, some good riding going on.

G

i have tryed backflips. I could get em all the way around but i could never ride off....i think its of to freo to the foam pit to learn again

bazza

look at me
hehe

i did a triple 'heart breaker' or backflip on mx superfly. that game rocks there is a good dh track on it, closest i have ever been to simulated mtb. its a mad game though. sooo much fun. stupid crazy break dance trick. but yeah i want a tramp bike. grrr. and a jumper. and some balls. and some jumps. and some niceee soft landing spots.