Back on the bike. Hawkesbury, NSW.

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
G'day all. I live in the glorious Hawkesbury district. I'm pushing 45 and last rode 6 or 7 years ago. I sold my steel Mongoose dirt jump/trail basher due to ongoing back problems. I had those surgically reconditioned about 18 months ago, and after recently finding this forum through a link on bushwalk.com, I remembered my penchant for dirt riding. Seriously, reading this forum rekindled my passion.

I rode from as far back as I can remember. Dragsters and heavy steel motorbike imitation things (70's) (that still broke when we jumped them) then BMX (80's) trail/track/q pipe/skate park. Loved my BMX. I had a Redline ol' faithful for 3 or 4 years 'til I grew out of it.

I bought my first MTB in 1989. A rigid forked Apollo. Had one on and off ever since until the back packed it in. Crushed sciatic nerve.

Never done any comp riding, just a free rider and explorer. I'm looking into it though. Do downhill comps have wuss options for the mature types on the big drop-offs? :wave:

I bought a second hand Trek with Rock Shox (nice solid bike) hardtail, only a couple years old, still on original tyres, a couple of weeks ago and have already upgraded bars and stem. Fitness is coming back quicker than I expected. I suppose it's because it's the best way I know to get fit while having heaps of fun.

This is a brilliant forum and I hope one day I'll be able to contribute something of worth to it. Heaps of questions, but I'm trying to use the search before I hit the forums with crap.

In the meantime I'll be wasting no time taking advantage of the most excellent part bargains that are on offer here. Big win!

FigBo0T

Cheers, LG.

I forgot to mention in my ramble above; I notice there's no auto-censor here. That's unusual for such a big forum, and good to see.

I like to use profanity in my posting occasionally, but I try not to over-do it. I swear quite a bit IRL, not so much on the netz.

I'm going for a ride .....

FigBo0T

Fuck that bloke rambled a bit. Over 50 now, been off 'em for 3 years after the back relapsed.. tried a few times over the years to get back on here, but couldn't log in. A few days ago, it all worked.

Sold my Octane One (still see it around) and my 3 other bikes and parts collection were stolen from a storage unit a couple of years ago.

Got a rescue dog recently, who pulls like a train, and made me realise that riding behind the beast would be better for both of us. So I bought a 15 y.o DJ frame and fork off Spacebook (as you do). I'll try and do a build thread if anyone is interested..

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I find if I ride a hardtail too much my back has a big sook. Have you considered getting a dual suspension bike? Plenty of sweet arse dirt jump style dualities around.

Busted backs suck. Bring on robot backs! Welcome back to the forum.

FigBo0T

I find if I ride a hardtail too much my back has a big sook. Have you considered getting a dual suspension bike? Plenty of sweet arse dirt jump style dualities around.

Busted backs suck. Bring on robot backs! Welcome back to the forum.
Cheers mate. Yeah, I'm looking for a dualie in the new year. Nothing too flash, as the plan is for the dog to do the work.. I haven't come clean with the build plan for the hardtail yet. It will be unconventional, to say the least.

FigBo0T

You're thinking chariot aren't you?
I remember now .... you're a psychic

2 wheeler though. A sc****r of sorts. 16" rear/ 26 front, no seat or crank .... have you seen one built before this way? I thought I had an original idea, but I know deep down that there's no such thing.

*Apologies for the foul language.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
You keep apologise g for foul language and they'll have you off the forum. You gotta keep your swear % up man.

FigBo0T

I thought the 's' word was verboten? I wouldn't have any issue if it was. I have no problem calling a cunt a cunt.