Back Yamma Bigfoot 2011 (Entries close Monday 22nd August)

Sasquatch..

Likes Bikes
New registration system

We've just completed the registration system for the BYBF. All is working nicely. Set to switch it on 9am Monday.

cleeshoy

Eats Squid
Okies we have entered! First 100km MTB race :) Exciting!!

We did not receive any confirmation we had entered via email, however when we log into the account we created for the event, on the LHS it says Entry Status: CONFIRMED I assume that means we are in?!

Had a few issues trying to pay via credit card. Some issue about the phone number. In the end we just paid via paypal - after that, everything was sweet.

OzDirtCast

Likes Bikes
Okies we have entered! First 100km MTB race :) Exciting!!

We did not receive any confirmation we had entered via email, however when we log into the account we created for the event, on the LHS it says Entry Status: CONFIRMED I assume that means we are in?!

Had a few issues trying to pay via credit card. Some issue about the phone number. In the end we just paid via paypal - after that, everything was sweet.
It's gonna be my first 100 too and I couldn't be more excited either!

I had the same issues with registering - All the details I put in kept getting returned blank after I hit the submit button. Worked out pretty quick to just hit the links down the RHS to move through the necessary forms. Anyway, got my paypal receipt so all good I reckon

Sasquatch..

Likes Bikes
Sorry about the confusion with rego guys. Had a couple of issues early on, but sorted them out. If things still aren't working, try another browser (perhaps firefox). IT isn't a specialty of mine, so i won't try to speak IT language. Just contact us through the contacts page and One of the IT guys will help you out.

You will only receive a paypal confirmation email that your payment has been received. Your race confirmation from us is listed in the right hand column of the BYBF page when you are logged in.

Entries are coming thick and fast. See you all in September!

Sasquatch..

Likes Bikes
Is the site playing up again? Everytime i hit submit i just get the same screen again.
No. Not that i can see. We've had a few entries come in in the last few minutes. Someone with a similar problem earlier tried again using Firefox and it worked. Something to do with java scripts and Internet explorer.

spudatm

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Im in and now I know what that little weird fox icon was at the bottom of my screen. Thanks for your help.
I must also say hats off I was more than happy to pay 70 bucks to enter considering that is about 70 bucks cheaper than most marathons but when i got the 15 buck discount cause im an MTBA member I was very pleased considering that I paid 100 bucks to do the 50 at Dirt works. Keep up the good work,

michaelg

Likes Dirt
Im in and now I know what that little weird fox icon was at the bottom of my screen. Thanks for your help.
I must also say hats off I was more than happy to pay 70 bucks to enter considering that is about 70 bucks cheaper than most marathons but when i got the 15 buck discount cause im an MTBA member I was very pleased considering that I paid 100 bucks to do the 50 at Dirt works. Keep up the good work,
Hey Alex ,
I am encouraging Anna to enter this one, See you there.

agoer

Likes Dirt
Thank god!!!!

After a bit of a bum steer from my brother (telling me its sold out after 2 days), I have just registered for the 100ker.............. Mmmmmmmm time to train.
I rode the track about 3 weeks ago and loved it, its such a quick and smooth trail with plenty to look at, very impressive is the gully crossing, hopefully itll be a little bit drier than the other week, and less cows/cow dung.
G

Hey Sasquatch,
Really enjoyed the race last year, any word as to the course layout for 2011?

I'm also curious as to where my entry fees went having now seen photos of you flashin' fiftys around like a pimp haha!

Cheers

Sasquatch..

Likes Bikes
Hey Sasquatch,
Really enjoyed the race last year, any word as to the course layout for 2011?

I'm also curious as to where my entry fees went having now seen photos of you flashin' fiftys around like a pimp haha!

Cheers

So far the plan is to keep the track basically the same as last year's track, however we have been out opening up one of our favourite bits of single track that runs parallel to the big long main forst road (destroyed by forestry actions last year). That will mean that instead of having a three km ride along that straight road towards the end of the 50km loop, it will be 3km of extra single track.

As for the cash, that was the result of a nice sponsorship deal we are finalising. Entry fees cover costs and sponsors cover prizes, generally.

See you out there.

cleeshoy

Eats Squid
what time does the 100km race start? On the webpage it talks about the cut off times but I couldn't see anything about when the gun fires?

Sasquatch..

Likes Bikes
what time does the 100km race start? On the webpage it talks about the cut off times but I couldn't see anything about when the gun fires?
The 100km race will start at 8:00am, the 50km at 9:00am and the 25km at 9:15am. With the extra riders this year we've separated the 25km riders in their own start.

Sasquatch..

Likes Bikes
Track work

Was out at the forest this morning the 25k is looking really good .
Great! We are receiving enough rain to keep things pretty green. With winter here now, the overgrown section in Compartment 45 should start to open up a bit. A group of us are heading out this afternoon to do some track work.

Sasquatch..

Likes Bikes
Event schedule now available

The event shedule has now been posted on the website (www.backyammabigfoot.com.au)

The track is looking very nice at the moment. Forestry operations are finishing in the North Eastern corner so we are heading out most weekends clearing and reopening the track in that area. Slow going but worth the effort.

Sasquatch..

Likes Bikes
The Back Yamma Bigfoot team would like to welcome Progressive Coaching Systems as a sponsor for 2011. One lucky entrant will win a three month coaching package donated by PCS coaching.

PCS training programs are purpose built and designed specifically to your individual needs and goals. Whether you want to become the next World, National, State or Club champion, or just want to become a better rider, PCS will help maximise your potential and get those all important tangible results. Find a Coaching Package that is right for you.

I'll make that real easy for you Jess. Drive to Albury and then jump on the AWMTB minibus of super-happy-fun-times.

I shouldn't be looking forward to a race as much as I am looking forward to this one.
Hi LeftieAnt, how many seats do you have on the bus? I'm contemplating doing this one, and trying to round up a few others from Yack.

leftieant

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hi LeftieAnt, how many seats do you have on the bus? I'm contemplating doing this one, and trying to round up a few others from Yack.
Haven't (yet) gone down the path of booking a bus, but I know we have at least 6 or 8 people from A/W heading up. Closer to the date we'll start talking about car pooling arrangements I reckon, or if the numbers are right, and people want to go down that path, a minibus.

Probably keep an eye on the club forum (alburywodongamtb.org.au) for details.