Back Yamma Bigfoot 2011 (Entries close Monday 22nd August)

Slowman

Likes Dirt
I did the 100k last year and enjoyed it immensely. Unfortunately due to surgery I'm out for this year's event, and pretty much everything else, but I expect to back in 2012 firing on all cylinders. Parkes is a great place for the event and well worth the trip. Good work Sasquatch and co.

Sasquatch..

Likes Bikes
Back Yamma Bigfoot Merchandise

We’ve been busy designing a new set of jerseys and t-shirts for the 2011 race, and we think they look fantastic. We have also designed a stylish and debonair drink cooler; perfect for looking great whilst undergoing some post-race re-hydration! These are now available for purchase in the Back Yamma Bigfoot Store.

Sasquatch..

Likes Bikes
The jerseys look black&white&grey only on the web, is that right or a glitch?

Good price though
We've gone for a different look this year. The jersey is black and white, with grey foot prints. We wanted to offer something really different to last years jersey to keep it interesting.

Flyboy01

Likes Bikes
Hmmmm, might be some more Queensland entrants. I missed last years event due to work, but will be a near certainty to come back home for this years event. Hoping to drag some locals down from Brisvegas for the ride.:cool:

JD26

Likes Dirt
Hmmmm, might be some more Queensland entrants. I missed last years event due to work, but will be a near certainty to come back home for this years event. Hoping to drag some locals down from Brisvegas for the ride.:cool:
You won't be disappointed that's for sure. Like Mt Joyce is super hilly, this event is super flat. Super flat means one thing. Speed!!!!!

Sasquatch..

Likes Bikes
Clothing

Orders for Back Yamma Bigfoot clothing close Monday 5pm. Stylish t-shirts and jerseys are available for purchase on our website and collection on the day at the Back Yamma event centre during registration. Our drink coolers will be available for purchase until race day.

Reconnaissance

Hi all. Racing this as my first 100km race, and first actual MTB race after... ahem... a few years or so off MTBing.

I'm just outside Orange and was thinking about checking out the track (the two laps at a pretty cruisy pace) in the next few weeks or so - anyone up for a recce on any particular weekend?

JD26

Likes Dirt
Hi all. Racing this as my first 100km race, and first actual MTB race after... ahem... a few years or so off MTBing.

I'm just outside Orange and was thinking about checking out the track (the two laps at a pretty cruisy pace) in the next few weeks or so - anyone up for a recce on any particular weekend?
Secret training hey Limbo?!

tim80

Likes Bikes
Hi, just wondering what sort of tyres you locals run up there? Is it hard packed or a bit sandy? thanks.
Most of the track is hard packed with a thin sandy top layer and the corners can be quite sandy. There are also a few rocky/gravely sections in the higher ground. Also keep in mind that when it gets wet any of the hard packed sandy sections quickly turn into a very slippery mud.

As far as tyre choice goes, I'd be looking for a good all round tyre that is fast rolling. Of course you could always go for this option:
dsc_0078.jpg

- Tim.

Most of the track is hard packed with a thin sandy top layer and the corners can be quite sandy. There are also a few rocky/gravely sections in the higher ground. Also keep in mind that when it gets wet any of the hard packed sandy sections quickly turn into a very slippery mud.

As far as tyre choice goes, I'd be looking for a good all round tyre that is fast rolling. Of course you could always go for this option:
View attachment 207468

- Tim.
Thanks. I think I might stick with the monorails......

tim80

Likes Bikes
Thanks. I think I might stick with the monorails......
I've never ridden on Maxxis Monorails but they look the goods. Fast in the center with decent sized side knobs for cornering grip.

Last year one of our event organisers was running Maxxlite 285's during the course prep. Fast, light tyres but no grip in the loose corners.

- Tim.

Sasquatch..

Likes Bikes
Entries close Monday 22nd of August

Entries for the 2011 Back Yamma Bigfoot will close at 5pm on the 22nd August. Around 50 entries are remaining from the total of 400.

We are finalising the 2011 course and will have map showing the new and improved course soon.