Back Yamma Bigfoot 2011 (Entries close Monday 22nd August)

05:57:41.951

Sure, I slowed down a little from my 02:26:24.546 first lap and it's a tad slower than 03:52:12.901 (JD=freak), but goal (<6) achieved and much fun was had - nice!

Sasquatch..

Likes Bikes
Glad everyone enjoyed the race. We've had a fair bit of rain this week, so perfect timing. I'm going to head out there this weekend for lap. I rode the course a few times in the lead up, but really looking forward to the nicely worn in track after 600 or so bikes have smoothed it out.

I rode the second 25 on Sunday arvo as a sweep, and was impressed with the lack of rubbish dropped. A few water bottles, and only a few gel wrappers on the whole 25. Nice work everyone. Even the camp ground for 250 people was almost spotless.

When setting the course this year we made some big changes to the second 25. Logging forced the matter, but we planned to make changes anyway. We built a new section of tighter single track and weather permitting added the gully fun. Our options for shaving 1.8km from the second 25 were all at the detriment of 'a favourite part'. We decided to go with it, as long as we finished with the 4kms of single track parallel to the main fire road. Seriously, the last 1.5km of that track is awesome. The more you ride it the more you trust your front wheel. We rode it the opposite direction last year but got it right this year.

We've got plans for a few more modifications to the loop. We want to keep it fast, but add a bit more variation to the single track. We want it to be a fast track, but also keep people interested for few hours. After all 70% of our riders travel for a few hours to get here.

I had a blast and have now caught up on sleep. Time to find myself a nice race in a new interesting location to train for.

Cheers everyone