Back Yamma Bigfoot 2011 (Entries close Monday 22nd August)

Flyboy01

Likes Bikes
Rode around 18km of the trails yesterday and had a ball. It was raining lightly and getting a bit dark by the time I got to ride so missed out on more of the trail. For the tyre wheenies I was running Maxxis Advantages on the 26er and they hooked up fine. If I was on the 29er it would have been an Ignitor up front with a Crosssmax on the back, but really you can get away with pretty much anything in this country. Really hoping the roster is kind to me this year.

Coolincotts

Cannon Fodder
Riding Tomorrow

G'day

There is going to be a few of us from Forbes heading out for a ride tomorrow morning meeting down the back of the forest at around 8:30 all welcome to join in.

Sasquatch..

Likes Bikes
Hope you guys had a good ride out there this morning. We spent the weekend tidying up some of the longer grass sections and adding a couple of short single track sections to the new North Western section. We started putting up some arrows around the second 25 and it should be completely rideable by end of next weekend.

Flyboy01

Likes Bikes
Rode around 18km of the trails yesterday and had a ball. It was raining lightly and getting a bit dark by the time I got to ride so missed out on more of the trail. For the tyre wheenies I was running Maxxis Advantages on the 26er and they hooked up fine. If I was on the 29er it would have been an Ignitor up front with a Crosssmax on the back, but really you can get away with pretty much anything in this country. Really hoping the roster is kind to me this year.
The roster is out and if I can drive 1000km in 12 hours I can be on the start line at 8am............:mad2: Two years in a row they have me finishing late saturday night. James Downing must be working with my rosterers to keep me away! :biggrin:

Have fun everyone.

Last edited:

Rambler

Likes Dirt
Access into the Forest

Whats access into the forest/campsite like? Is it alright to take in the family sedan(which is lower than the normal sedan) in the dry or the wet?

Sasquatch..

Likes Bikes
Whats access into the forest/campsite like? Is it alright to take in the family sedan(which is lower than the normal sedan) in the dry or the wet?
No problem getting the family car in. There were plenty there last year. Its a bit bumpy and dusty but generally ok.

JD26
Originally Posted by Anti_Trainer
See youse there - 33:16
Might want to go 34:16.....
Looks like alot of SS riders then..... would this be a fair assumption?
Sasquatch, you mentioned the release of an updated track map soon, any idea when that is coming?

jmcavoy

Likes Dirt
Thanks mate for the info! I am in! First race for me in the old farts category(masters).
Me too! Well, technically the Husky was my first masters race, but let's not go there with how that went, I've erased it from my memory ;)
This time I plan not to follow Gazza into navigational oblivion ;)

JD26

Likes Dirt
Me too! Well, technically the Husky was my first masters race, but let's not go there with how that went, I've erased it from my memory ;)
This time I plan not to follow Gazza into navigational oblivion ;)

Are you stepping up and doing the 50?

Sasquatch..

Likes Bikes
Course map

We'll have the course map out soon. We've finalised the course with wet weather alternatives. These big hairy fingers make the computer side a little slower.

I can say, the first 25 is exactly the same. We've changed up the second 25 and are really happy with the result. Some previously unridden tracks and some newly built single track. About half of the second 25 track from last years is included in this years course.

Cheers,

Sasquatch

Sasquatch..

Likes Bikes
Awesome weather today. About 7 degrees over night and 22 degrees today. Sunny and no wind. The forecast looks good for next weekend as well. But, you never can trust those things. I've ridden Back Yamma after lots of rain and no real problems. Our wet weather course keeps us out of the Northern gully, so regardless the race will go ahead.

stu125

Likes Bikes
Sounds great to me
No wasted accomodation!!!

Looking forward to the weekend of pain followed by a few days at the zoo with the kids

Rida

Likes Bikes
We'll have the course map out soon. We've finalised the course with wet weather alternatives. These big hairy fingers make the computer side a little slower.

I can say, the first 25 is exactly the same. We've changed up the second 25 and are really happy with the result. Some previously unridden tracks and some newly built single track. About half of the second 25 track from last years is included in this years course.

Sasquatch
Trying to decide which bike to use - is the course better suited to a hardtail or a dually?