Ballarat Northshore

Sasquatch

Likes Dirt
Just wondering if any riders from Ballarat can point us in the right direction to the local NS trails I have heard so much about? Got a group of 5 riders who want to come up for a weekend soon, but I would like to know where the trails are before we come up!

I know these things are sometimes not public knowledge, so if you'd prefer to send me an email its ajkelly@elitemail.org

We'll be bringing up tools so we can leave the trails in better condition than we found them hopefully.. cheers

Psyloman

Likes Dirt
well your gunna have to bring lots of tools and spend alot of time fixing because last time i checked it was trashed and all the trees had been cleared out

Dan

Likes Dirt
hmm. NS in australia just doesnt work i think. me and my mates and ppl in South Australia have given up. i kno thats not the spirit :) but its just too fkn hard and we dont have the resources :( ah well

roKeMS

Squid
You can't give up :shock: I'm coming 'home' for xmas and I want some SA NS to ride! :D

Making NS gets easier, the more you make. :D

perfor8r

Likes Dirt
Definitely don't give up Dan! Just got keep at it. once someone show that little extra initiative, more will follow.

the thing about building NS stuff is that you've got to build it in places where it fits naturally into the terrain, not just placing it up anywhere (not that I'm saying you'd do that!)
That way when new riders see it, they know how it fits into the flow of the trail and that may inspire them to build in other places.

maintaining it doesn't take much either when you have a few people out.
organize a 'pedals & pints' arvo, that way you get the double reward of a maintained track and beers :D

Dan

Likes Dirt
yeh, well in this forest (where that massive roadgap is) the dudes there are building some nth shore. pretty sturdy too. but only stuff here and there. but its real good stuff. thats basicly the only stuff that stays. anyway me and my friends just like to ride :) and build now-and-again

looseunit

Likes Dirt
You can't give up I'm coming 'home' for xmas and I want some SA NS to ride!

Making NS gets easier, the more you make.
There have been more than Kangas with North Shore traks there was Blackwood forest which was ok, but people keep trashing the tracks and all the drop were 5-6f to flat. Even some of NS tracks at kangs had been removed by the parkranger because the were too close to the road. The other problem is getting material for NS style tracks, most of the material has to be brought in.

Were are you from in SA

Dan

Likes Dirt
looseunit said:
You can't give up I'm coming 'home' for xmas and I want some SA NS to ride!

Making NS gets easier, the more you make.
There have been more than Kangas with North Shore traks there was Blackwood forest which was ok, but people keep trashing the tracks and all the drop were 5-6f to flat. Even some of NS tracks at kangs had been removed by the parkranger because the were too close to the road. The other problem is getting material for NS style tracks, most of the material has to be brought in.

Were are you from in SA
yeh getting the material is rele hard for us. and yeh where r u from in SA?

roKeMS

Squid
From....

I used to live in modbury and then athelstone areas for 13 years. Moved up here in '97.

I've only ridden the DH track at Fox Creek road near Lobethal thanks to shuttles and a few borrowed Cannondales :D