Banshee 2017

bhibbert

Likes Bikes
Cyclingo has been good to me, to good even. Much better then the "best price" Defcon was willing to give me on my rune.
That is the best thing about dealing with good local tassie business, true and honest always looking to help the customer out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Why do they churn through distributors?The hydroforming looks great and the weight loss is long overdue.I really want a Rune.
I think it's more, jumping on the band wagon. There's already defcon, single tracks, a mob out Yarra Valley way, sendit bikes, and another I can't recall the name of. Another in the mix can only be good for us buyers.
Looks like a new distributor for Banshee:

https://www.facebook.com/stealthbikesaustralia/

Probably why Defcon are selling off frames.

#knucklesisachunt

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Interesting use of the term "distributor". From what I know, they're trying to sell Banshee frames...but they're certainly not the "distributor".
I'm under the impression that Banshee doesn't use an Australian "Distributor" but instead uses a direct to bike shop sales model.
I think the correct term is dealers.

They are like the horse, one hit and you're hooked.

#knucklesisachunt

FatMuz

Likes Dirt
I think the correct term is dealers.

They are like the horse, one hit and you're hooked.

#knucklesisachunt
Yes, dealer is the correct term, however it's a worry when their own Facebook page refers to being the "distributor" and dealer.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Even with the reduced positions o the dropouts, they'll still be some of the most versatile frames around. Wonder if the boost drops will be backwards compatible.
Whilst not compatible with the old frames, I just found this from Kieth himself on MTBR

To confirm, the new dropouts are not compatible with old frames or vice versa as part of the project for me was to make them lighter and more compact. However boost 148 dropouts will be avlaibile for old frames as an aftermarket option shortly.

If someone could persuade the big bike companies to stop releasing unnecessary standards every year in order to make money, then none of this would be an issue... Ho hum, as least our modular dropouts offer you guys options.

Last edited:

bennyp1

Likes Dirt
So strange for a bike company to care about its end users and how long they can use there bikes and keep up with the other makers standards.

jrewing

Eats Squid
Hard not to like the company isn't. I want to buy a frame from them just to support them even though I don't need one.

mittagongben

Likes Dirt
Any idea when the Primes will be available?

Tossing up between prime or jeffsy at the moment...
I'm told late November early December for the bikes to land on Australia.

Monarch plus and ccdb, are the options from banshee be I'll be offering factory x2 float and coil.

Pricing hasn't gone up.