ACT FOUND Banshee dropouts 142mm compact

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Item: Dropouts to run a 142mm wheel on a V3 Prime
Price range/Willing to Pay: let me know
Extra Info:

I had some en route but they are currently lost/gone so looking to see if anyone else has some spare ones they can sell me? I'll put this ad up now, but probably wait a few days to see if AusPost can work out what went wrong.

I bought the frame with a 148mm kit, and am lead to believe I don't need a full kit again, just the 142mm dropouts. https://bansheeusa.com/collections/...n-2-dropout-kit-26-and-29-12x142-bolt-on-axle

Potentially can swap you the 148mm ones too.

ausdb

Being who he is
@droenn ask @moorey what were the ones he put in with the spitfire frame I bought a little while ago. Junior has not earnt the frame yet, so if they are the right ones I can loan you some for a while if that helps?

PJO

in me vL comy
Wouldn't a 142 have different length axle to a 148?
Might need an axle too...

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I haven't found that to be the case. Swapping between 142 / 148 I've only needed to change the drop outs.

The axle and derailleur hanger have stayed the same. Anyone else found that?

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Has Banshee always threaded the drop outs? Other brands, like intense, rely on chain ring bolt sets.

I’m unsure which method I prefer.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Haha, now that I have all the bits, I can see that the hangers are definitely different! The 142 being more chonky to make up the distance.

Well that was lucky @Labcanary sent me the loaner set!

moorey

call me Mia
Has Banshee always threaded the drop outs? Other brands, like intense, rely on chain ring bolt sets.

I’m unsure which method I prefer.
I’m positive mine aren’t threaded….inserts from the DS, threaded on the NDS, with a locking cap.
Unless I’m having a stroke.
Which is entirely possible.