Banshee Prime v3

swatto90

Likes Dirt
Bit of a different Banshee. Recently sold my Rune and got a bee Prime. Bit of a challenge to build during Covid with pretty much everything being out of stock in the bike world. Pretty happy with how the build turned out. Struggled to find some fox 36’s or some lyrics so am trying the Suntour Durolux 36’s. for the price they are performing way above expectations and equal to my old lyrics with some set up.

Attachments

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Lovely looking bike you have there. I'm not sure how the V2 compares to the V3 but my V2 continues to amaze me. Both on climbing and descending it's imperious.

Good to hear you're liking the Durolux, I'm after a fork and am torn between options...

Congratulations on getting it built during this supply mess we're experiencing.

swatto90

Likes Dirt
Lovely looking bike you have there. I'm not sure how the V2 compares to the V3 but my V2 continues to amaze me. Both on climbing and descending it's imperious.

Good to hear you're liking the Durolux, I'm after a fork and am torn between options...

Congratulations on getting it built during this supply mess we're experiencing.
I had a V2 and it handles so different. The new suspension platform is a lot more nimble and also can hold its own in the tech stuff.
I would recommend the durolux under $800 landed direct from them at the moment you can’t beat that price.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I had a V2 and it handles so different. The new suspension platform is a lot more nimble and also can hold its own in the tech stuff.
I would recommend the durolux under $800 landed direct from them at the moment you can’t beat that price.
Did you go with the RC2?

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Did you go with the RC2?
I have the RC2 on the front of the Waltly and I'm very happy with it. I had the R2C2 a while ago and it was good but noisy. The RC2 is just as good and quiet. I think its at least equal to the equivalent Fox and RS offerings but is much cheaper and easily serviceable at home.

swatto90

Likes Dirt
I have the RC2 on the front of the Waltly and I'm very happy with it. I had the R2C2 a while ago and it was good but noisy. The RC2 is just as good and quiet. I think its at least equal to the equivalent Fox and RS offerings but is much cheaper and easily serviceable at home.
Yep I got the RC2 it’s very quiet. I read some reviews that it can be loud but I don’t think so.
first day riding I wasn’t to happy with them so I went home and played with the volume spacers and adjusted them. Yesterday riding Thredbo I was much happier. Still need a few little tweaks but that’s a given with any new suspension.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Yep I got the RC2 it’s very quiet. I read some reviews that it can be loud but I don’t think so.
first day riding I wasn’t to happy with them so I went home and played with the volume spacers and adjusted them. Yesterday riding Thredbo I was much happier. Still need a few little tweaks but that’s a given with any new suspension.
Yeah I got mine through Suntour NA and they were apparently set up for me before they left the factory. I don't think that's the case as I had to specify they use the light spring and not the medium and when here they were set for a much heavier rider. Not fussed as a few tweeks and they are performing really well but just something to recognise.

Last edited:

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nice, I've just ordered a set. Were there any additional costs / fees upon receiving them?

We know how Josh and Scotty like a slice of all the action.

Last edited:

CHEWY

Eats Squid
I found they don't need any volume spacers installed, and the low speed comp comes pretty much completely wound out from the factory. I think I have mine set at about 10 out now. Still need to do some tweaking but happy enough with them so haven't played with any settings in a while.

Last edited: