Banshee Spitfire 2015

whitey89

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hi Guys, just built up my (almost) dream build Banshee Spitfire. Literally just finished it last night so not many photos yet but here are some teasers... hope you enjoy!

Weight 14kg flat with pedals
Frame Banshee spitfire
Shock Cane creek DB Inline
Fork Fox Float 32 150mm - 1.1/8-1.5"
Headset FSA
Seatpost KS LEV
Wheel F Hope pro 2 stans flow 27.5 tubeless
Wheel R Hope pro 2 stans flow 27.5 tubeless
Tyres Maxxis Ardent
Cranks Zee 175mm 104 bolt
Chain XT 10spd
Cassette XT 11-36
Derailleur Zee M640+ 10spd wide ratio
Shifter XT
Chain Ring Race Face Narrow wide 32T
Saddle fizik
Handlebar Giant carbon
Stem Raceface
Grips ODI/TLD
Brake - F XT
Brake - R XT
Rotors - F 180mm
Rotors - R 160mm
BB XT/Zee

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
Welcome to the Spitfire club.

Be interested to know how the Fox 32's go, I found them waayyy to flexy on my Trance, and that was at 140mm.

Apart from that, it a tasty rig. Enjoy!

Ev

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Man these are popping up everywhere now!
I bought mine this time last year, and at the time they were pretty rare.
Good to see banshee getting the recognition they deserve! You won't be disappointed!

Have to say, 14kg seems heavier than I would have anticipated with that build.

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
Man these are popping up everywhere now!
I bought mine this time last year, and at the time they were pretty rare.
Good to see banshee getting the recognition they deserve! You won't be disappointed!

Have to say, 14kg seems heavier than I would have anticipated with that build.

Yeah once you ride one of these (if you can get over the fact that they're not a 12kg carbon weight weenie) you can appreciate how much fun they are.
Cant agree with you on the weight being over the top tho.
Mine weighs in at 13.9kg with a KS dropper, CCDB, Pikes and carbon wheels/cranks/bars and Hope E4's and floating discs (200/180).

Ev

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah once you ride one of these (if you can get over the fact that they're not a 12kg carbon weight weenie) you can appreciate how much fun they are.
Cant agree with you on the weight being over the top tho.
Mine weighs in at 13.9kg with a KS dropper, CCDB, Pikes and carbon wheels/cranks/bars and Hope E4's and floating discs (200/180).
Mine's sitting at 12.85kg (no pedals), with carbon wheels, fox ctd, revs, carbon wheels, Saints, KS lev etc.
Will probably jump to 13.0 in a couple of weeks when I switch out the revs for pikes.

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
Mine's sitting at 12.85kg (no pedals), with carbon wheels, fox ctd, revs, carbon wheels, Saints, KS lev etc.
Will probably jump to 13.0 in a couple of weeks when I switch out the revs for pikes.
Why do you weigh your bike with no pedals?

It's a bit like Chinese writing......I really dont understand it......!

I run XTR M985 Trail pedals, they weight close 400g according to CRC, so I now weigh in at 13.5kg.

Ev

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Normally I'd weigh with pedals, and my usual ones are 250g. So 13.1kg.
But I'm currently switching between pedals so weighed without for the sake of curiosity.

whitey89

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I wasnt concerned about weight at all... ive already got a race xc rig so just wanted something that was bombproof between the DHer and the XC.

I did skimp out on the forks but dont really mind... i built the whole thing for under $4k so pretty happy!

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Helps that you can get such an amazing frame at a seriously stupid good price.

You guys are killing me, just finished my V1 Rune, but am seriously struggling not to go nuts and order one of these.

At least doing that would solve my wife issues.

Korbzy

Likes Bikes
Helps that you can get such an amazing frame at a seriously stupid good price.

You guys are killing me, just finished my V1 Rune, but am seriously struggling not to go nuts and order one of these.

At least doing that would solve my wife issues.
Just do it, i myself didnt think i would buy a new bike especially when i only have 6 months of riding before i go overseas for 1 year. But sometimes you need to treat yourself :p. Do yourself a favour and get 1 :)

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Just do it, i myself didnt think i would buy a new bike especially when i only have 6 months of riding before i go overseas for 1 year. But sometimes you need to treat yourself :p. Do yourself a favour and get 1 :)
I just sold and replaced 1 bike with 3. And as pesky as these testicles can be, I'd like them to stay where they are.

Having said that, I did make price and availability enquiry with Ben at Single Tracks, maybe if the bonus fairy is good to me this year. After all I have reduced my goldbricking by at least 0.1 of a percent for 3 consecutive days in June. Fingers crossed.

Hmmm, overseas you say? 12 months you say? I know a guy who could probably see fit to do you a solid and look after it for a year or so :eyebrows:

Last edited: