Banshee Spitfire

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Thats mint - boring qn: whats the bottle/cage? Looking for something secure for similar situation.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Hey mate great build.

Where did you buy the seat post and if you don't mind me asking how much was it?
Thanks mate. I just bought it off Vecnum directly.

The site did have a glitch though, I could load everything into the cart and update my address but it wouldn't let me add card details - I ended up just e-mailing them and they gave me PayPal details and processed the order manually. Turned up fast too, would've been less than a week in transit.

beeb

Holy shit dude!! That bike looks HAWT!
View attachment 352262

Looks like the 212mm was about as perfect a fit as you can get as well.
The entire bike just looks taut and ready to jump off the line.
Haha, thanks mate! Yeah, pretty chuffed with how it all came together - looking forward to getting some more ride-time this weekend.

And yep, dropper is slammed in the tube, and the cable had just enough room in the tube to operate without binding. It new it would be close-run, but damn it was close!

beeb

Can those of us browsing for lightly used boutique frames in XL look forward to this in three or four months?
You never know - Haha. Hopefully not though! :D

Got to get around to selling the 5010 first of all anyway!

beeb

Rode at Mount Macedon today. It's a dry and dusty place up there at the moment. Bit more of a workout than I'd bargained for as the trails have seen a lot of use recently and are very corrugated and even turned to bulldust in places...

203mm was definitely too much as a rear rotor too - the difference between very light braking and locked was non-existant on the dust over hardpack, but otherwise Cura 4s are great! No initial grabby feel of Shimano brakes, but heaps of power if you go searching deeper in the lever-pull. Will grab a 180mm down the track for the rear as that should give back the modulation, and still have ample power.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
I'm running 180 rear on the Rune and Spitty, Rune with Formula RO and Spitty with Cura. Works a treat.

BT180

Max Pfaff
Seconded. Went 203 front and 180 rear on my Cura4s. Plenty of power and easy modulation. Was told 203 rear probs too much.

beeb

Was told 203 rear probs too much.
Can definitely confirm this, luckily the first couple of runs I was just sweeping clumps of pine needles off the trail, but the last run I did was too much skidding. So I abandoned our trio's final run and drove the car down for a shuttle pick-up for the other two instead of hacking up the trails unneccesarily.