Bargain buys thread

Switch

huskier headed gent
Moorebagz is keeping his so if any of you other impulse buyers don’t need your cheap Lyrics hit me up

northvanguy

Likes Dirt
Cheap Lyriks arrived, OEM, 2017, non-boost, no packing obviously, with a couple of tokens. Exactly what I expected, happy with purchase.
I didn't bother as I have a Boost Lyrik on mine but am jealous of the qr system over the thru axle that came on mine that require an allen key.

Sent from my SM-J250G using Tapatalk

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
I was hoping the tokens would be in there. Star nut too for the steerer?
No star nut. little bag has x2 tokens (maybe plus another one in them already? haven't looked), x1 decal and safety instructions.

I didn't bother as I have a Boost Lyrik on mine but am jealous of the qr system over the thru axle that came on mine that require an allen key.

I am a fan of the non QR version myself, very clean looking. Always ride with multitool so it takes 10-20 seconds longer than normal to get a wheel off.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
No star nut. little bag has x2 tokens (maybe plus another one in them already? haven't looked), x1 decal and safety instructions.

I am a fan of the non QR version myself, very clean looking. Always ride with multitool so it takes 10-20 seconds longer than normal to get a wheel off.
Bugger. The sales guy I queried said it would be in there. He did say he'd pay the freight if I had to buy one though, so that's nice. Me too for the NON QR. Doesn't break as my QR did and makes it harder to steal your wheel too.

tkdbboy

Likes Dirt
i have a 2017 150mm yari. I think i can maybe swap out the damper of the 27.5" lyric directly? Pretty sure they are the same.

Doing this to get charger damper in my current 29" fork before "possibly" building up a 160mm endurobro 650b bike....

Thoughts before i hit go on a $400 complete fork?
Should be fine as RS damper kits don't come size specific between 27.5 and 29 , and Yari and Lyrik are identical apart from Damper.
You should get the 2019 debonair air spring whilst you're at it.

oliosky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Should be fine as RS damper kits don't come size specific between 27.5 and 29 , and Yari and Lyrik are identical apart from Damper.
You should get the 2019 debonair air spring whilst you're at it.
Thanks. Already got the yari debonair spring installed.

Stoked. Pretty much gonna 2 (1.5?) different wheel sized lyrics for $400!

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
Just bought a pair of the lyriks. Will my Rtc3 charger damper from a pike fit?
Should do - the Rockshox spare parts catalog lists the damper / air spring part numbers as being cross compatible between the Lyric and Pike (and Yari in the case of the air side)...

upload_2018-10-18_18-44-39.png

I could be full of shit too.

Edit: Item 6 might be the problem though... Lyric only?

moorey

call me Mia
Lyriks do have a thicker wall in stanchion, now you mention it. Requires smaller token than pike.

Edit. They’re all smaller now to suit either (grey). Earlier pike ones (red) won’t fit.

Last edited:

smitho

Likes Bikes and Dirt

I prefer the thru axle over the QR. Swap? Boost Lyrik.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paulie_AU

Likes Dirt
Should do - the Rockshox spare parts catalog lists the damper / air spring part numbers as being cross compatible between the Lyric and Pike (and Yari in the case of the air side)...

View attachment 348387

I could be full of shit too.

Edit: Item 6 might be the problem though... Lyric only?
Will give it a try when they show up. Might just stash em for bike build I want to do next year. So cheap worth it even if I buy Charger 2 and 170mm debonair.

Nambra

Will give it a try when they show up. Might just stash em for bike build I want to do next year. So cheap worth it even if I buy Charger 2 and 170mm debonair.
Similar thinking - bought a set of Fox Performance 34's last year from ze Germans for a steal, has the Grip damper and standard air spring. Throw an EVOL and FIT4 in it and it's as near enough to a Factory (without the Kashima).

moorey

call me Mia
LYRIK RCT3 A1 (2016), RC B1 (2016-2018), RC2 C1 (2019):
View attachment 348388

PIKE A1-A2 (2014-2017):
View attachment 348389

PIKE RCT3/RCT B1 (2018+):
View attachment 348390

https://www.sram.com/rockshox/technologies/bottomless-tokens
  • Black bottomless tokens are compatible with the following Solo Air forks:
    RS-1, SID, Reba, Bluto, Revelation.
  • Grey bottomless tokens are compatible with the following Solo Air forks:
    Pike, Lyrik, Yari, Pike DJ, BoXXer.
  • Dark red bottomless tokens are compatible with the following Dual Position Air forks:
    Pike, Lyrik, Yari.

Thinking SA vs DPA forks perhaps?

Of course I could still be full of shit...
I seem to be mistaken.
I’ve had red (wouldn’t call them dark red) come in non DPA’s. NFI any more.

moorey

call me Mia
91B3494D-0F95-4891-933F-9A36B28B53A4.jpeg

Older ones for pikes are different, I say. More of an orange red, and definitely larger. I say they are discontinued, and not listed above. Can’t recall what went in my DPA pikes. It was years ago.

Nambra

Happy to be corrected - the grey tokens work with everything, the reds are Pike only, suggesting the Pike has slightly thinner stanchion walls as you said originally... I wonder how the air shafts are cross compatible then - the o-rings must be able to handle the variation?

Paulie_AU

Likes Dirt
Similar thinking - bought a set of Fox Performance 34's last year from ze Germans for a steal, has the Grip damper and standard air spring. Throw an EVOL and FIT4 in it and it's as near enough to a Factory (without the Kashima).
Then add the vorsprung fractive and luftkappe and the performance improvement will blow your mind.

Did a bit of reading I don't need RCT3 on the Lyriks. I only want them for sending.

Now maybe need to sell the pikes before wife cottons on to many forks being in the house.....