Bargain buys thread

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Buy a Auron or Durolux fork direct from Suntour US. Get a free Tri Air Shock, I think it finishes end of June:

https://www.srsuntour.us/collections/enduro-all-mountain
FIRSTORDER code for 15% off

Shipping is free too which is pretty good on them
Turns out this wasn’t such a great deal... ☹

Couldn’t do the 15% off on top of the free tri air so it cost just over a grand for the fork and shock.

I’ve now just had an alert to say I owe $270 in duties. Motherfucker.

tkdbboy

Likes Dirt
Turns out this wasn’t such a great deal... ☹

Couldn’t do the 15% off on top of the free tri air so it cost just over a grand for the fork and shock.

I’ve now just had an alert to say I owe $270 in duties. Motherfucker.
Dammit x2!! Tell them exchange rate at the time made it $999 :mad:

D

Deleted member FN2187

If you're as much of a Fanboy of TLD gear as I am it's worth your time to have a look at Merlin. Most jerseys are under $50 and most shorts are under $80. Also check out their Shimano prices before Shimano Australia blocks them too.

Calvin27

Eats Squid
lol i still have a box of M785s still in the box after I managed to fix my old brakes. This thread both sparks joy and empties my wallet.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
The sub $1000 rule got abolished didn't it?
It did indeed, thanks to greedy Khunts like gerry Harvey of Hardly Normal.
Most shops that ship to Aus add the 10%GST on at their end.
$1000AUD or over cops import duty as well. Fkn gubbinment thieves. GST should cover that.

RichJS

Likes Dirt
The sub $1000 rule got abolished didn't it?
Actually, it didn't. Customs still aren't collecting GST on shipments under $1000.

The problem is a number of sellers, marketplaces and forwarders overseas have been convinced to charge you GST on behalf of the Aus Govt for items destined for Australia, regardless of the price. Sellers overseas who won't charge you GST still exist.

D

Deleted member FN2187

Gorilla crystal clear repair tape is the next best thing to 3M frame protection tape. $16 per roll did 2 XL sized frames. It's practically invisible, nice and thick, flexible and has a strong adhesive.

Pic of the covered chain/seatstays

Last edited by a moderator:

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Pushys are doing free shipping till tomorrow night.

Get what ever consumables you need without having to get to the magic $100. I can also recommend the Granite velcro stuff straps for only $10 they work great and are less than half the price of other Aus online retailers.