Bargain buys thread

northvanguy

Likes Dirt
https://www.cyclingdeal.com.au/buy/bicycle-travel-case-bag-for-700c-road-bike-26-27.5/XXF-N1806

This appears identical to the Wiggle/CRC Pro bags, but half the price. Bargain EVOC knockoff.
I had a CRC bag for a few years before upgrading to EVOC... as good as it was if you plan to do a bit of travel definitely get EVOC.

The CRC bag was hard to keep up right as the base too narrow.

Now if you're just planning airport walks and NZ or TAS then get one of these.

Just my 2 cents

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
I had a CRC bag for a few years before upgrading to EVOC... as good as it was if you plan to do a bit of travel definitely get EVOC.

The CRC bag was hard to keep up right as the base too narrow.

Now if you're just planning airport walks and NZ or TAS then get one of these.

Just my 2 cents
This is my experience also, didn't even try to wheel it in the end, just used the shoulder strap and carried it.

After one trip to each to Europe and the States and two to NZ the bag was looking very second hand, handles were torn/zip buckles broken/holes worn in corners etc, baggage handlers be rough, in saying that the bike always arrived unscathed bar a couple of bent rotors that I left on the wheels on the first trip.

I've also gone the EVOC path and it's done twice as many trips and still looks relatively new.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
I only fly once or twice a year with my bike, hard to justify the evoc dollars... I have a cheapie soft bag for a few years now that’s done ok, this is an upgrade!

I just get trolleys in the airport... I’ve usually got another suitcase anyway so even if the bike bag rolls well it’s still not fun pulling another suitcase as well!

Next trip is to Bonn Germany with my roadie. It’s a fair hike through Frankfurt airport and then onto the train to Bonn, so I’ll see how that goes!

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
It appears bike-components.de is offering free shipping on all orders to all locations until August 4 according to an email I got from them - saving about $30 if it’s legit. I just mocked up a shopping cart and it seems to work. Those looking for DT Swiss freehubs, ratchet upgrades, torque caps or end caps should take advantage of this.

Bummer that they have Shimano XT 12 speed groupsets on sale too but can’t ship them to us.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
I only fly once or twice a year with my bike, hard to justify the evoc dollars... I have a cheapie soft bag for a few years now that’s done ok, this is an upgrade!

I just get trolleys in the airport... I’ve usually got another suitcase anyway so even if the bike bag rolls well it’s still not fun pulling another suitcase as well!

Next trip is to Bonn Germany with my roadie. It’s a fair hike through Frankfurt airport and then onto the train to Bonn, so I’ll see how that goes!
That's more than we fly with ours and I could justify 2. Once an EVOC you won't go back... I got ours on special though. Full retail, no way

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Long way from Canberra though.

Yeah, hear what you’re saying... Got the cheap one though, will see how it goes - maybe I’m heading off to buy an evoc after a couple of flights with it, maybe this will be fine.

I’ve lived with the basic soft bag for a while now and it’s been okish, just takes ages to pack. It did develop a torn seam after about 20 flights, and I’m sure looking forward to proper supporting blocks and a side opening.

Last edited:

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Holy shitsnacks, $250 for a complete frx

Please view this ad:

Craftworks FRX,

Price: $250 Negotiable

Download the application from the Google Play Store.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
Why are they appearing in your news feed @moorey, trying to give yourself some sort of advantage Wacky Races style?

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
New 2016 Devinci Spartan frames with monarch plus shock

Large and medium available

$840 after using "PANTHER" discount code ***might only work for eBay plus members

Maybe eBay still have a free trial of eBay plus

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk