Bargain buys thread

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Not to me it isn’t.
3 140mm bikes already
Well I have 0 140 mm bikes :)

Was having a quick read of how would the Troy compare to a Spitfire or Scout (which are kinda where I'm headed). Seems from a quick read its a bike you need to really push to get most from, I think my Process has that covered for now...

Bike mag:
The more reckless testers found a better solution: Go faster and hit harder. The more heavy-handed we were, the better the Troy felt. It loved to be driven hard into the berms and would swallow up the chunky bits provided you didn’t try to tiptoe through them. It’s a fine instrument for brutal riding.

moorey

call me Mia
Well I have 0 140 mm bikes :)

Was having a quick read of how would the Troy compare to a Spitfire or Scout (which are kinda where I'm headed). Seems from a quick read its a bike you need to really push to get most from, I think my Process has that covered for now...

Bike mag:
@Hipstar Is planning to buy one. If that doesn’t put you off, nothing should.

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Aldi with their bike sale again next saturday. Not for most here, but I assume as the 'go to bikeguy' we probably get asked a lot for beginner bike recommendations.

Price went up a bit to $399 but looks aight for an entry level bike. Key points:
  • internal cable routing
  • hydro brakes
  • 1x10
  • Clutch RD

Last edited:

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Just tried the code and working for me OVER40
I thought I maybe made a spelling mistake, that is a big word after all. But on triple checking I seem to have the right combination of numbers and letters.

Must not work for some items. I was seeing if I'd have to buy another TLD stage helmet and return the one I paid for on Friday

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
I thought I maybe made a spelling mistake, that is a big word after all. But on triple checking I seem to have the right combination of numbers and letters.

Must not work for some items. I was seeing if I'd have to buy another TLD stage helmet and return the one I paid for on Friday

Ha ha, it is a big word...only works for their overstock items listed here:

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar

Ha ha, it is a big word...only works for their overstock items listed here:

You guys are so dumb. You enter your D.O.B. at check out & then you get the discount if you're old enough.