Bargain buys thread

safreek

The bike is only $100, the rest is accumulated freight costs being oncharged.
By the time I'm finished it will also include the hourly rate for stripping the bike apart, packing, and fuel to the post office. By the time those $400 fox fowtays are posted it will cost you $600. If I travelled to Brisbane to get the bike, believe me, I would bang the fuel costs on. Don't get me wrong, I give stuff away but expenses are a real cost.
I can't believe that when you guys give something away that you have the audacity to ask for postage cost, and if that person gives the same item away, shouldn't they also post it for free, after all, postage cost don't count

safreek

But I was planning on buying this, then selling it at a later stage, because we all want to be fair, let's round out the US dollar to au, after all the conversion rate would be just part of wanting to own the bike, let's add 300+ for the postage, again, this is just part of wanting to own the bike so cost can't be passed on. Damn I have just payed 2300 au and all I am allowed to ask for it is 1000 au, after all I would have ridden it. Yep, makes sense to me

moorey

call me Mia
But I was planning on buying this, then selling it at a later stage, because we all want to be fair, let's round out the US dollar to au, after all the conversion rate would be just part of wanting to own the bike, let's add 300+ for the postage, again, this is just part of wanting to own the bike so cost can't be passed on. Damn I have just payed 2300 au and all I am allowed to ask for it is 1000 au, after all I would have ridden it. Yep, makes sense to meView attachment 357226
Good to see you’re taking this all well.

safreek

Good to see you’re taking this all well.
If I was the chopstix that everyone thinks I am I would of taken the offer of 250 on the fox 36, I could of made a fair ol profit with splitting the bike, I elected to break square on the bike. If I thought I was doing the dodgy would I really of advertised it first on rotorburn
I had an offer of 430 on the asx frame you helped me line up, would not dream of taking it.
Just gave away some cranks and stuff, the boxxer that came with the asx, same thing, gave them to a fella who had rooted his fork at duck creek. I really am not the scumbag people think I am.
That is my last thing I have to say on the subject. Still think you are a legend for lining up the frame for me.

moorey

call me Mia
I bear you no ill feelings over the matter. I expressed an opinion (that I still hold) and have said nothing about it since.
I’ll be honest though, your constant justifications, and talk of how much you COULD make on these items if you wanted to, sound a bit Chops, even if you don’t mean them that way.
Most welcome on the ASX help. Hope it gives you years of love.