Bargain buys thread

thatsnotme

Likes Dirt
Are XT brakes that much better than SLX?

Is it the weight? Braking power? Thats better.
FWIW (and I know this question was posted aaaaages ago before the post was necro'd) I went from a bike with SLX brakes to one with XT, and I can feel zero difference. I'm pretty sure if I was asked to do a blind test, I couldn't tell them apart.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Pushys eBay "CTREAT20" discount is certainly nothing to sneeze at!

Just picked up some Enve 740mm 9 degree sweep flat bars for $176 delivered.

SF Trailboy

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Seriously tempted on some fit4 forks from fox $200 makes em a touch over $800 with local warranty for a change....Nice discount on a wheelset as well...

TheAzza

Likes Bikes and Dirt

It sucks really hard to read this 8 hours after I bought the Crossmax Wheelset from the Pushys Website.

Ackland

chats d'élevage
FWIW the 20% off eBay with Pushys may be a trap...

Mate had a few items in his wishlist on the website and most were 20% more expensive on the eBay store....

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.

Mate had a few items in his wishlist on the website and most were 20% more expensive on the eBay store....
yeah they normally are more expensive on Ebay, all the fees involved I presume, can get some bargins via their ebay store.

TheAzza

Likes Bikes and Dirt

The Crossmax were the same, but the Flows did not include shipping so may have ended up a little higher.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie

Nothing I bought was 20% more on eBay than their website. Maybe a couple of %, but that's to cover the fees.

They should just offer 20% of on their website & be done with it!

Yeti Dan

Likes Dirt
Agree. I looked at the transaction listings on ebay for their Garmin 510s and they were going for about 359.99 With the 20% sale from Ebay it magically went up to 409.99.

simon21

Likes Bikes
Seriously tempted on some fit4 forks from fox $200 makes em a touch over $800 with local warranty for a change....Nice discount on a wheelset as well...
I tried this with some pikes but couldnt see anywhere to put the code before the 'commit to buy' button. Any pointers?

SF Trailboy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I tried this with some pikes but couldnt see anywhere to put the code before the 'commit to buy' button. Any pointers?
It's in the ebay cart - think it says coupon code? When you are looking at the item there should be a put it in the cart option.