Bargain buys thread

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Jeebus, they must sell a lot of sunglasses to the military with names like Flak, Field Jacket, Mercenary etc.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
M2, Targetline, Jawbreaker ..... LOL

It's all pretty aggressive military naming. Too bad their lenses pock mark up.

Calvin27

Eats Squid
M2, Targetline, Jawbreaker ..... LOL

It's all pretty aggressive military naming. Too bad their lenses pock mark up.
Wasn't there some sort of slacktivism a while back to boycott camelback amongst other brands because of something about guns? (dementia again on my end....)

creaky

XMAS Plumper
I've not owned any of their sunnies - but I'm curious as to what you mean by this?
I've bought four pairs of oakleys over the last 12 or so years. Every one of them, cycling or casual including one clear lense, has had the lense coating start to get pitting marks which ends up over the whole lense.

Not my photo but this sort of issue:

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Ta for the info @creaky and @ashes_mtb - I wonder if the goggles I have will suffer the same fate... I'd probably live with it in all honesty though, and just replace lenses as needed - as their goggles fit my melon head better than other brands.

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Ta for the info @creaky and @ashes_mtb - I wonder if the goggles I have will suffer the same fate... I'd probably live with it in all honesty though, and just replace lenses as needed - as their goggles fit my melon head better than other brands.
Depends on how you view value, but I haven't really noticed the issue until after a few years, and then it takes a while to get worse. If they're the best fit, I'd still buy them personally.

downunderdallas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have Flak's with Prizm Trail lenses and they seem to be fine, had them a few years and I am pretty bad at looking after my sunnies. I wonder if the type of lens makes a difference?

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
I've bought four pairs of oakleys over the last 12 or so years. Every one of them, cycling or casual including one clear lense, has had the lense coating start to get pitting marks which ends up over the whole lense.

Not my photo but this sort of issue:

View attachment 363333
Do you lift the sunnies and pop them on top of your head? Apparently hair gels/products can affect the lens. My causal Oakley do this eventually but my cycling ones have never had this issue.

Wasn't there some sort of slacktivism a while back to boycott camelback amongst other brands because of something about guns? (dementia again on my end....)
Camelbak is owned by Vista Outdoors who sell guns and ammo.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Do you lift the sunnies and pop them on top of your head? Apparently hair gels/products can affect the lens. My causal Oakley do this eventually but my cycling ones have never had this issue.
Whilst my hair is certainly fancier than @moorey it hasn’t seen a product in probably 25 years! I do put casuals up there, but not riding ones usually (helmet).

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Anyone want a XL rune?
$2,700 · Brisbane, QLD
Banshee Rune V2 2018 27.5” Size XL
It's in FB.