Bargain buys thread

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Link no work without stoopid tapatalk
You just need to get creative with the cut and paste...

gippyz

Likes Dirt
Honestly I’m amazed banshee have kept their prices as low as they’ve been for so long. The build quality is comparable to frames much higher priced.
I totally agree with this. I bought my first banshee from mtbdirect and am very very surprised by the quality of the frame. The inner surface of the frame was so smooth unlike my previous Commencal. The routing was well thought out - there aren't many kinks, very neat, not many areas where the cables protrude out of the frame, and routing the cables in was quite easy unlike my Liteville. Love the choices on the drop out to run boost or non boost (I opted for the latter).

Massively impressed with Banshee. Haven't ridden it yet, but I have a good hunch it'll be a very good bike.

moorey

call me Mia
Love the choices on the drop out to run boost or non boost (I opted for the latter
You forgot 26/27.5 or 27.5/29...and at least on the V2, I can run rear 26 as 135qr, 142x12, 150x12 or boost, with just a dropout swap.
Love what they do.
Agreed that prices only SEEM high due to how cheap they used to be. Gutted there were no M v3 Spittys in that sale. Waiting for used ones to start popping up.

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Aldi have their bike accessories on sale from 22 Aug.
Nothing exciting but their work-stand is pretty good value at $40. I've had mine for coming up on 3 years and it's still going strong. It looks like they've made some useful upgrades to it as well.

They've also got "Muc-off Urban" cleaning supplies listed at somewhere between 1/3 and 1/2 of what you'd pay for 'normal' Muc-off stuff. From what I can figure out, the urban range was something they released in 2011 to target commuters with the difference being that Urban was biodegradable products. They then just folded urban back into their normal lineup for some reason.
So my assumption is that Aldi bulk purchased everything that had 'Urban' printed on it and Muc-Off was happy enough to get it all off their hands so they could sell their updated branding

ausdb

Being who he is
Aldi have their bike accessories on sale from 22 Aug.
Nothing exciting but their work-stand is pretty good value at $40. I've had mine for coming up on 3 years and it's still going strong. It looks like they've made some useful upgrades to it as well.
Can you view the catalog anywhere, does this one have three or five legs? I have one from a year or two ago and it has the five legs which sucks ass as far as accessing the bike and taking up space in the shed when it's open.

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Can you view the catalog anywhere, does this one have three or five legs? I have one from a year or two ago and it has the five legs which sucks ass as far as accessing the bike and taking up space in the shed when it's open.
Doesn't look like it's online yet.
5 leg version