Bargain buys thread

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
mountain designs outlet in Sydney (a couple of doors down from their main store) on sussex street had 5.10 impacts for $75 when I went in last week. also had the danny mckaskill's on special but didn't catch the price

MountGower

Likes Dirt
Just ran into a german site:

http://www.bike-discount.de/

Everything is stupidly cheaper than even CRC. BB7s for $60 incl rotor. They charge a flat rate of about $30 as far as I can see - that was with a wheelset!
Be prepared to wait .....and wait.......and wait...............and wait for your stuff to arrive. I ordered Shimano 105 shifters from them and they took 5 weeks to arrive. I've read similar accounts elsewhere. That was over a year ago, so perhaps things have changed.

Be prepared to wait .....and wait.......and wait...............and wait for your stuff to arrive. I ordered Shimano 105 shifters from them and they took 5 weeks to arrive. I've read similar accounts elsewhere. That was over a year ago, so perhaps things have changed.
My last 2 orders recently took 2 weeks to arrive. Last year it was 4 to 5 weeks. So they have definitely improved or I got lucky.

DJR

Likes Dirt
I think it all depends on the DHL/deutsche post delivery time. I ordered something last Sunday, apparently it's just made it into the country, if it turns up tomorrow that's about 10 days.

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
Use bike discount more than any other online store, worst time to date 22 days best is about 16 days, pretty happy with that.

You just need to take the $30 delivery into account as often on small orders CRC, Wiggle etc are a little cheaper with free delivery

MountGower

Likes Dirt
Cheers for the updates. Although they still seem longer than UK deliveries, I will reconsider them as the prices were definately memorable.

donny70

Likes Dirt
Use bike discount more than any other online store, worst time to date 22 days best is about 16 days, pretty happy with that.

You just need to take the $30 delivery into account as often on small orders CRC, Wiggle etc are a little cheaper with free delivery
Cheapest schwalbe tyres by far and the only place I get them :)

Calvin27

Eats Squid
You sir.... Are my new favourite person on rotorburn!
I was expecting this to be a scam site, but got all my stuff. Bottom line - Stupidly cheap and about 1.5 weeks delivery all for the low cost of $30 FLAT RATE! Yes wheels, frames, anything.

Now I need to find a way to buy those thule car racks @$100 each (retails about $250 here). They can't ship to Aus so thinking maybe a RB group buy through freight forwarder.

ctguru

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I find that site painful to shop on. Doesnt translate well and doesnt offer many options to narrow your searches.

Or its just me and all this stuff is there but I dont see it perhaps.....
I don't really have an issue, usually know what I'm looking for

Just sort by brand within the category

google translate can also help a bit

best customer service of any shop I have used

Shadow Puppet

Likes Dirt
I don't really have an issue, usually know what I'm looking for

Just sort by brand within the category

google translate can also help a bit

best customer service of any shop I have used
People rave about these German sites but every time I have compared prices on items with Wiggle, wiggle wins out. Not sure what all the fuss is about????

Got a Rockshox Reverb on Wiggle today for $274 delivered. Happy with that.