Bargain buys thread

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
That's the kind of thing I should have jumped on.. Hope hubs and DT Swiss XM481 rims.. Someone's getting a lovely wheelset!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I want to call BS. Not tons of clearance with a decent 26 on mine, though year models may have varied.
Especially if you have a phat rim. Thinking back I would have gone up to a 2.5 inch minion on mtx33 but maybe mtx39 rim.

Looking back on some pics, I retract. The almost looks like more clearance on my totem with 2.4 26, than 27.5 lyriks with same 26” tyre.
Ben a while since I've had them next to each other, but the 26 inch lyrics and totems were a very similar axle to crown height. Not sure of that would have an impact.

Totems were a great fork though. I might borrow a modern front wheel and see if it fits in one of my sets to work this out!

BKMad

Likes Dirt
Hesitate on any XT gear in the current climate, its gone !

Both XT 11spd and 12spd components are as rare as rocking horse poo :(
A bargain buys thread seems pointless right now. We now need a stuff that's in stock thread. Of course no-one will post anything in it as they will be busy buying remaining stock before someone else finds out about it.

SlowManiac

Likes Bikes and Dirt
A bargain buys thread seems pointless right now. We now need a stuff that's in stock thread. Of course no-one will post anything in it as they will be busy buying remaining stock before someone else finds out about it.
I got a $300 Wiggle voucher from work which is basically fkn useless as there is nothing available.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
@Scotty675 found me a XT 12sp derailleur a few weeks back, they are about, just located in small shops.