Bargain buys thread

moorey

call me Mia
Feel like this is a bit of a bargain for the taller folks. I tried to convince myself it would fit me but that top tube is just too long. Although a 480mm reach is pretty much most brands large these days.

XL 2018 Norco Sight 29 frame with a DPX2 for $500 (and he'll ship)
I was trying to talk Vic mate into it but says no shipping. You’ve spoken to him?

oliosky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I was trying to talk Vic mate into it but says no shipping. You’ve spoken to him?
yeah. Indicated he's happy to ship given that NSW is a clusterfuck. No cracks, just a well used frame with plenty of paint chips. Be a perfect trail bike build for a big unit.

moorey

call me Mia
yeah. Indicated he's happy to ship given that NSW is a clusterfuck. No cracks, just a well used frame with plenty of paint chips. Be a perfect trail bike build for a big unit.
Agreed. Needs true XL though. Just saw 480 reach. That’s less than most current larges. Good pickup for a budget build for someone. Cheers.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Agreed. Needs true XL though. Just saw 480 reach. That’s less than most current larges. Good pickup for a budget build for someone. Cheers.
My hardtail has 480 reach. Noob question - is the reach measurement different for full suspension bikes?

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
My hardtail has 480 reach. Noob question - is the reach measurement different for full suspension bikes?
The reach on your hardtail extends when your suspension is at sag (and HA steepens).

Ignoring dynamic movements, reach and head angle on dual-susp bikes stays pretty close to static as both front and back lower similar amounts at sag.

safreek

A lot of problematic G1’s are listed as G2’s. Not saying that is, but an 8yo bike with unknown gearbox, I’d tread carefully.
Wanted one a couple years ago and still like the look of them. Just no need since I have gone softcock

dazz

Downhill Dazz
Bugger, they are basically an alloy version of mine.
Bet Aaron was pissed at Dodzy for that.

Last edited: