Bargain buys thread

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
No worries let me kno.... Ohhh what do we have here ;)

View attachment 385712

Single trail racks are arguably the best and most advanced vertical bike rack out there and worth every cent BUT $449 for a garage trolley is pretty steep.

If you build one with 4 x swivel castors on it you can move it around your garage even with 5 bikes on it.

You can buy the steel and castors for under $50 and making it took me about 30-45 minutes.

You can even buy yourself a small DC welder and still be quids in... and you have a welder for keeps.
(this is the exact one I have)

great idea..gonna steal your design when I finally get my deathrack finished

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
But didn't want to miss out on this. I just knew I'd start work and they'd be gone by home time.
Ok... So still 7 of 8 left post-work. Seems I somewhat overestimated how many other people might be looking to immediately snap up a factory seconds 5 bike vertical rack. Lol

Its a primitive design built on the fly from my spare steel bin/stack. It sat on the floor for a day or two before I bought the wheels.
He doesn't know what he's got! Quick, someone buy the design rights before he figures it out!

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
A lot of scams getting around on the FB pages recently. Check the profile - Account created, set to "In a relationship", and cover & profile picture updated all in the last 2 days. Then joins all the groups and posts listings for high end parts with prices too good to be true. They all follow the same formula.

Last edited:

ozzybmx

Anyone wanna hook me up with these bad boys?

Too good to be true?
Scam, thats a UK plug in the background, a reverse image search shows them in 4 different places.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Scam, thats a UK plug in the background, a reverse image search shows them in 4 different places.

They picked about the most remote postcode they could in Qld !

Good detective work.

RichJS

Likes Dirt
MTB direct have 50% off Ride Concept shoes for 48hrs. Seems like there are plenty of sizes and styles as well.
Top deal. Ordered 3 pairs for the fam, including some Powerlines for me. Size guide says US9.5 = 27.5cm. That's how long my feet are.

They just arrived ... look great, but my big toes press against the end. :oops:

I don't think they're going to stretch enough. And US10 is out-of-stock now. Darn. Anyone want to swap?

Edit: Aaaaand miss-23-cm-foot doesn't fit into the youth US4 / 23cm shoes I bought. The youth US5 / 24.4cm "bought for later" are not loose at all on her. I guess master 21cm-foot will have new MTB shoes for christmas.

Last edited:

Ponchoatdirtworks

Likes Dirt

Not saying that it’s not a SCAM but Singapore uses the UK plug.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ozzybmx

Pity about the wheel size.
A decent buy as it has low kilometres, I know the owner and he rides his XC bike usually.

He had issues twice with the factory SID fork, replaced it after the second warranty job.