Bargain buys thread

Klips

Likes Dirt
Bought three sets of havens:
1 for the missus who doesn't need anything wider
1 for the mate who rides his stock 490g 670mm bars to transition him to a real width
1 for the future carbon 29er hardtail ww-ish build that the missus doesn't know about.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
It's handy that Fathers day is coming and I buy my own present....... THANKS DUDE!

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
I got 3, one spare 'cause I'm prone to the enforced dismount and the other two are being cut down to 420ish for commuting duties.

glasslike

Likes Dirt
I have found a Santa Cruz (2005) Bullit Frame with 5th Element Shock plus bar, stem, front derailluer, headset, seatpost, seat for $200

Last edited:

sundy

Likes Dirt
That's this place for ya - you post something up to help, and they ignores ya, you post something up to complain how bloody cheap it is when clearly you have recently purchased - and they all jump on it just to piss you off.

Easton haven carbon bars for sale - $100 including postage BNIB
Yep sorry, I credited pharmaboy because that's the post I saw. Thanks to MWI for original post.

takai

Eats Squid
Anyone able to measure the ID of their Haven Carbons. Will Hope Gripdoctors fit? Dont want to end up in the fwit thread like Chops....

C0na

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Wasn't it you who tightened a compression pin bolt on a grip end (I.e. not a clamping force) and cracked the end of the bars?
*Puts hand up*

I don't know why you would really run those plugs anyway, kind of defeats the weight savings of carbon bars in the first place....

Last edited:

takai

Eats Squid
*Puts hand up*

I don't know why you would really run those plugs anyway, kind of defeats the weight savings of carbon bars in the first place....
Ah and we have an admission. Yeah, need some sort of expansion plug though, getting impaled with carbon bars cant be any better than alloy ones.

Ehhhh.....no....

I run Enves and odi bmx plugs :)
Much weenie.

takai

Eats Squid

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
Anyone able to measure the ID of their Haven Carbons. Will Hope Gripdoctors fit? Dont want to end up in the fwit thread like Chops....
Just measured carefully with a tape measure, yup pretty dodgy. Works out close to 18.5mm, sorry no verners here.

takai

Eats Squid
Cool, will consider bar ends then. Remembered i have a set of ODI clamps left over, plus a set of Jet Black end plug things that come with their grips. Wonder if you can buy the ODI snap in plastic discs separately?