Bargain buys thread

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
High tops are the king. I had a 510 impact high few years back that unfortunately fell apart (beyond saving) after 2 years. They are not as grippy as my freerider (which sole has now also fell apart) with but the high tops prevent craps from getting into the shoes when I ride.
I still have my 5-10 Freerider high tops as they're a bit more comfy if there's going to be a mix of riding and walking throughout the day, but the Unparallel West Ridges are definitely grippier (comparing new-to-new).

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I had 5:10 line kings and Teva something something in high tops. I also like to wear full knee-shin pads...I used to have so much crap build up in the high top shoes over a ride!

beeb

I had 5:10 line kings and Teva something something in high tops. I also like to wear full knee-shin pads...I used to have so much crap build up in the high top shoes over a ride!
The worst I've experienced with shoes is when both my 5:10 Freerider hightops filled (and I mean filled to overflowing...) with water during a storm cell deluge up at Falls Creek. Really wished I brought a change of shoes and socks to drive the ~4 hours home that day. :rolleyes:

beeb

I wouldn't do it myself, would feel too weird. I feel like it's technically illegal too from memory? Not really sure why though.

safreek

I wouldn't do it myself, would feel too weird. I feel like it's technically illegal too from memory? Not really sure why though.
When I did my test in south Aussie I was 16, seems decades ago now I showed up in thongs. The testing dude told me I had to take the thongs off to do the test. Aced it

Jabubu

let you google that for me
Which ones do you have? I might need to buy some this week..

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
When I did my test in south Aussie I was 16, seems decades ago now I showed up in thongs. The testing dude told me I had to take the thongs off to do the test. Aced it
I did mine in a small town in the NT. Local police station lunch break. Drove around the block. Literally.
One stop sign (that I stopped over), no traffic lights. Lucky they didn’t get me to turn left. I’m no ambi-turner!
Get back - “Just remember to stop with the whole car behind the stop signs ok?”. “Yes Officer”.
Stamped. P plates!

Last edited:

Jabubu

That's a good price for a 10-51T XT.

If you bought one of these and a 946ml bottle of sealant from MTB Direct, you'd spend over $50 more than you would at George's. That difference means you can add a 12sp XT 116 link chain and a couple of XTR 12sp chain links to your George's order and only be a few $ over MTB Direct for just the two items!

It pays to shop around..

Ponchoatdirtworks

Likes Dirt
I did mine in a small town in the NT. Local police station lunch break. Drove around the block. Literally.
One stop sign (that I stopped over), no traffic lights. Lucky they didn’t get me to turn left. I’m no ambi-turner!
Get back - “Just remember to stop with the whole car behind the stop signs ok?”. “Yes Officer”.
Stamped. P plates!
I was going for my full license for my motorcycle from L’s in Raymond Terrace. I had already done the year on P’s for my car.
I showed up in my Bell Moto3 & Axo boots riding my fun bike - Suzuki RV90 (look it up!)
The guy had me do a lap of the car park while he observed from the steps.

Hey presto! I rode away with my full MC license!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jabubu

I've heard good things about Saint brakes so I'm assuming these are a bargain?