Bargain buys thread

andrew9

Likes Dirt

Attachments

Last edited:

tkdbboy

Likes Dirt
Mine look the same after 6 months. Still sticky ... thinking of giving the freerider canvas a go for summer

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
I was tempted as my freeriders are now ~4 years old and not as stiff as they used to be. Seem to remember the Mi6 rubber is way softer and less durable that the S1 etc.

ChrisJC

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You'll need more, those VXi's last about a month before the soles are all chewed up. Mine are way more worn than my Freeriders, despite seeing less than a quarter of the ride time
I've had a pair for about 8 months and used 4-5 times per week on average. They only look as chewed up as the shoe on the left. Pretty good life when you consider what they go through. 1 spot on the inside arch I've had to touch up with some shoo gu twice but that's about it.

Lurkin

Likes Dirt
Any recommendations on where to get 26" 36H rims from these days?

I purchased the parts and built a set of wheels using Sun Ringle 26" 36H MTX33's six months agoish.. now the rims cannot be purchased through CRC, nor any other, other than Sun Ringle Rhyno rims.. apples and oranges with regard to rim depth...

Flow-Rider

Burner

c3024446

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Couldn't help myself and grabbed one. Pair of brake pads popped it slightly over $150 and New10 brought it down to $136. Cripes.
That’s almost theft. I just had a vitus kids 20” bike turn up that had free shipping and new10, doubt they made any $ out of that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Any recommendations on where to get 26" 36H rims from these days?

I purchased the parts and built a set of wheels using Sun Ringle 26" 36H MTX33's six months agoish.. now the rims cannot be purchased through CRC, nor any other, other than Sun Ringle Rhyno rims.. apples and oranges with regard to rim depth...
https://www.bikeexchange.com.au/a/bicycle-rims/sun-ringle/mtx-33-26-rim/102545213

Google is your friend. At under $20AUD each, and local, you'd be mad not to.