Bargain buys thread

safreek

Musashi protein powder, 23 bucks a kilo at chemist warehouse, bargain.
Not even the the high calorie garbage. Get on it to power up your mtbing

safreek

Is it any good? eg intl protein/bulk nutrients which isn't much more.
Where I live (/duckburg ) all the protein powders are pretty dear. The musashi has 23 gms of protein per 30gms, 1.8gms carbs.
All the other powders at the warehouse are minimum 27 bucks for 750ish grams
Don't get.me started about Mr supplements, not as cheap as they claim, dude always tries to sell me pills and potions that will apparently make me huge.
Sell me the real deal or fuck off I reckon.
Did I mention that the musashi actually tastes good as compared to the other powders, vanilla icecream flavour is pretty good.
They put some sort of thickening agent into it so it is like a real milkshake instead of the milk and chalk like a lot of these things.
As for bulking abilities, I assume does the job as well as any on the market

tkdbboy

Likes Dirt
AminoZ usually has deals for Optimum Nutrition 4.5kg for $120 which tastes great and is a blend of isolates and concentrates.
MyProtein has deals come up for $70 for 5kg. Pretty average tasting and is a pure concentrate.
Both of these have minimal to no fillers and a protein content of 95% or greater.

Musashi on the other hand is garbage. Reading the ingredients list of their P30 High Protein which I assume is their premium line protein supplement (not meal supplement or post workout), its only got 85% "WPI BLEND" which out of the 85%, the second most ingredient is skim milk powder AND the third ingredient in that blend is full cream milk powder aka them just adding weight with cheap fillers that give you no nutritional value. So really you'll probably be getting 70% protein. After the blend, then you've got dextrose and maltodextrin which are essentially carbs which you'd only expect only in a postworkout shake.

The supplement industry is f&$#ed.

safreek

This does not seem to be the same stuff if going by the label and ingredients, I have always been under the impression that wpc is not milk powder in the shopping centre version, there may be artificial sweeteners in it but not sugars.
I would of thought that there would of been more carbs if it was milk powder. Maybe the stuff you are talking about is a mass (fat) builder. Photos included. By the time I whack the milk in I have 30 GMs of protein, to be honest as long as I have that of complete protein I am happy, I don't really care if it is wpc or wpi

Attachments

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Geezus, what am I going to tell the other half when I roll another bike into the shed???!!

*Edit. Which Melb store has them in stock? Shipping is $150.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Cotic have got some of the drop link bikes on special now. 999 GBP with shock, 899 without. Down from 1500.

No medium Rockets though, so I'm safe.