Bargain buys thread

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
^not even close to 12, I can't see a weight mentioned but that's a 14+ kg bike on any scales that aren't based at the Chop shop, Crank on here has one with some nice bits on it and I doubt it's 12

Still not bad value for money for a good bike .

Last edited:

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
Reading fail on my part

No pedals though, put a set of Saints on it and we're getting close to 15, I reckon that weight is off their Factory build

Z

Zaf

Not sure Enve wheels can ever be considered a 'bargain' but 58% off ain't bad ....

https://www.mountainbikesdirect.com.au/?rf=kwcn?cn=344%7C101&kw=enve%20Wheels&rf=kwcn

$1600 to $1800 for a set on DT240s would certainly be worth considering if you're looking to build a set of carbon wheels at the moment. The internal nipples are a pain though.
You know what a real pain is? Nipples that pop every second ride!

The ENVE nipple thing I find an unusual complaint, it's worth putting a wheel onto a stand if you're going to be adjusting the spoke tensions anyway, and they are still a standard nipple, even if it's just upside down and the tool interfaces with them quite beautifully.

In any case, that's an awesome price for guaranteed wheels for five years, best warranty in the business and those M70's ask for something truly heroic to break them.

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Even $2.2k for the boost sets is a bargain compared to full retail. I wonder how how the Santa Cruz reserves are here in aus

Edit: just asked if these might have been the new models that are being released by Enve since they all say "pre-order". They are not. Still, awesome value for something you know Enve will no questions asked replace if you break one. I'd have pulled the trigger straight away if it was the new M5 xc rims with 25mm interval widths

Last edited:
Reactions: Zaf

bear the bear

Is a real bear
Not sure Enve wheels can ever be considered a 'bargain' but 58% off ain't bad ....

https://www.mountainbikesdirect.com.au/?rf=kwcn?cn=344%7C101&kw=enve%20Wheels&rf=kwcn

$1600 to $1800 for a set on DT240s would certainly be worth considering if you're looking to build a set of carbon wheels at the moment. The internal nipples are a pain though.
Range is more $1599 on Dt Swiss 350's through to $2399 for Chris Kings.
Have asked when the pre-orders have to be in before the pricing changes...

bear the bear

Is a real bear
Mountain bikes direct pre-orders have to be in by 22/4/18 to hold current pricing.
Advice is that they have pre-ordered sets based on guessed popularity and once they are sold thats it...
I don't think this is a bait and switch as some are claiming, rather an under estimation of some of the sizing people are after