Bargain buys thread

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
Its a medium in 29 I am looking at and they have heaps....
I'm looking at 27.5 as I'd use the conversion kit and build up as 26" as I have everything in the parts bin to go straight on.

Pouring over the geometry of the large now compared to my current bike (medium) and the numbers are pretty close apart from the seat tube length- 445 v 480...finger is hovering.

r.ayres1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
This is just a warning. I'd be ordering stuff now from overseas. As of July 1st, you will pay GST on anything imported.

https://www.ato.gov.au/General/New-...ct-taxes/GST/GST-on-low-value-imported-goods/

Not sure if this will affect Wiggle/CRC purchases because some of the items come from warehouses in Australia.
Thought about this in recent times myself (and have made a few recent online purchases) - It will be interesting to see how it impacts some of the regular O/S stores (as you have suggested) I use like CRC, Merlin and Jenson USA just to name a few.
Although I have only made a couple of purchases from these guys below, I got this email this week

EVANS CYCLES SERVICE UPDATE
With the Australian tax law policy changing on July 1st, 2018, we will no longer be able to meet our current pricing and level of service.
It is therefore with regret that we will stop shipping to Australia from June 14th, 2018.

Who's next ??

oliosky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just grabbed a 29 pike off pushys for $729

It's 150mm but hey at that price I can change travel to 120mm and still be in front.

There is a $20 off code in the discount thread that worked as well...
Got a 130mm air shaft for sale if youre interested

thepotatokid

Likes Dirt
Those PP frames are a bargain! Anyone know what the standover height is like on the large Shan GT? Medium is probably the right fit for me, but the reach is so short!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

PJO

in me vL comy
Just grabbed a 29 pike off pushys for $729
It's 150mm but hey at that price I can change travel to 120mm and still be in front.
There is a $20 off code in the discount thread that worked as well...
I just grabbed the same fork, can't beat that price. Ultimately want to end up at 160mm travel but 150mm will be a good start.
$20 discount worked for me also (PPAELXLN).

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
Those PP frames are a bargain! Anyone know what the standover height is like on the large Shan GT? Medium is probably the right fit for me, but the reach is so short!

I'm in the same boat, looking at the large but seat tube length is going to be an issue, hoping they sell out while I procrastinate.

thepotatokid

Likes Dirt
I'm in the same boat, looking at the large but seat tube length is going to be an issue, hoping they sell out while I procrastinate.
Hahaha that's exactly what I am thinking. I think the large is going to be just too tall for me. It's a sad happy moment.