Bargain buys thread

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Dozer will make sure we're all looked after by his good friends at Mountain bikes direct....

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Couldn't ask for a better outcome, champions!

We just received an order from you via the Rockshox Lyrik Solo Air RC2 Forks eBay listing.

We are very sorry to say that there was a listing error with the forks that were listed to this eBay listing. The forks that we have on offer for the price you paid are the Rockshox Lyrik Solo Air RC Fork - Black - 27.5 - 160mm - 15x100mm - 2017.

The difference here is that it is not the RC2 fork that this fork was accidentally listed with.

We have two options we can offer in this situation:

We can send out the Rockshox Lyrik Solo Air RC Fork - Black - 27.5 - 160mm - 15x100mm - 2017 for the price you paid

Or

We can completely refund the order for you and offer a $50 MTB Direct account credit.

Just let us know what you would prefer and we can sort this out ASAP.

Our sincerest apologies for this issue again.

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Surely at this price they are stolen, no?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Doubtful MTB direct would be in on anything even remotely not legit. If it was a private seller on gumtree I'd be suss, but not from them...

moorey

call me Mia
Maybe they will retrospectively invent a 2017 RC2. Least they can do is create a time machine.
No email for me, @Plankosaurus, just a confirmation.

Edit. There it is. More than happy with RC’s.

Last edited:

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Maybe they will retrospectively invent a 2017 RC2. Lease they can do is create a time machine.
No email for me, @Plankosaurus, just a confirmation.

Edit. There it is. More than happy with RC’s.
If you get an rc2 and I don't, I'm going to spit on those vengeance forks before I deliver them

Pretty stoked with the outcome, I have a scratched set with the goodies I need in them. I'll now have a mint set, wifey will get the old set and there will be another set of Xfusion forks ready for Mooreys to snap up before litenbror can get to them

moorey

call me Mia
If you get an rc2 and I don't, I'm going to spit on those vengeance forks before I deliver them

Pretty stoked with the outcome, I have a scratched set with the goodies I need in them. I'll now have a mint set, wifey will get the old set and there will be another set of Xfusion forks ready for Mooreys to snap up before litenbror can get to them

Don’t cut my lunch! Was going to double the price!

Hipstar

Likes Dirt
Got the email. Was fully expecting one saying the order was cancelled as the price was wrong.

Now what to put them on....

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

tkdbboy

Likes Dirt
Couldn't ask for a better outcome, champions!

We just received an order from you via the Rockshox Lyrik Solo Air RC2 Forks eBay listing.

We are very sorry to say that there was a listing error with the forks that were listed to this eBay listing. The forks that we have on offer for the price you paid are the Rockshox Lyrik Solo Air RC Fork - Black - 27.5 - 160mm - 15x100mm - 2017.

The difference here is that it is not the RC2 fork that this fork was accidentally listed with.

We have two options we can offer in this situation:

We can send out the Rockshox Lyrik Solo Air RC Fork - Black - 27.5 - 160mm - 15x100mm - 2017 for the price you paid

Or

We can completely refund the order for you and offer a $50 MTB Direct account credit.

Just let us know what you would prefer and we can sort this out ASAP.

Our sincerest apologies for this issue again.

Nice! .. Damn, I could've used that $50 credit :oops:

tkdbboy

Likes Dirt
Surely you wouldn’t consider doing that to them? Great price, great communication, honest mistake...we all knew that they weren’t RC2’s. Taking the $50 is a little choppy, I reckon.
I didn't expect them to be RC2 as it was 2017. $265 for a RC Lyrik with warranty still looked like a price error to me.
Could've just bought them all up and tried to make a profit selling them rather than posting up on here.
Now that would've been choppy.

They're probably more out of pocket honouring the price than if everyone took the $50.

moorey

call me Mia
I didn't expect them to be RC2 as it was 2017. $265 for a RC Lyrik with warranty still looked like a price error to me.
Could've just bought them all up and tried to make a profit selling them rather than posting up on here.
Now that would've been choppy.

They're probably more out of pocket honouring the price than if everyone took the $50.
I don’t think the price was an error, just a clearance. I think they would have mentioned it if price was a mistake. I just can’t personally understand people trying to make a quick $50 out of MTBD, when they’ve done nothing wrong.

BKMad

Likes Dirt
I don’t think the price was an error, just a clearance. I think they would have mentioned it if price was a mistake. I just can’t personally understand people trying to make a quick $50 out of MTBD, when they’ve done nothing wrong.
Agreed on the $50 voucher, but personally I also think the price must have been a mistake. Good on MBD for honouring it, but would they really sell RC Lyriks for $265 when they could probably have gotten 3 times that?

moorey

call me Mia
I would have expected an email saying: “thank you for your order. There was an error in the listing price, however it was our mistake, and we are happy to honour the price as a gesture of good will’
Either way, great price, I hope the work experience kid isn’t blamed if there was an error.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
That’s an excellent option. You jagged a set?
I got a set, email came through at 10:45 asking if I still wanted them, stupid question, we knew they were RC and for that price yeah I want them.

Figure if I cut the air shaft at 140mm I have a set of heavy duty Pikes for $300 so bargin and if I want more trave for anothe bike late just pick up a new air shaft.