Bargain buys thread

tkdbboy

Likes Dirt
Choose your own adventure ...
You find out it was a price error and it was supposed to be $500 (what I would value this fork on clearance factoring in its SRAM , Aussie prices, its SRAM and comes with warranty. Did I mention its SRAM? $700 is probably more accurate)

Do you:
1. Take the fork... leaving them approx $250 out of pocket
2. Take the $50 voucher.... leaving them $50 out of pocket
3. Take neither and cancel the order ... leaving them $0 out of pocket
4. Buy a new bike

moorey

call me Mia
You find out it was a price error and it was supposed to be $500 (what I would value this fork on clearance factoring in its SRAM , Aussie prices, its SRAM and comes with warranty. Did I mention its SRAM? $700 is probably more accurate)

Do you:
4. Buy a new bike
I get your point, but have heard nothing to suggest it was an error.

moorey

call me Mia
Tbh knowing it's likely an error and forcing the sale vs. notifying them is pretty choppy, IMO.
Feel a little the same in hindsight. I emailed them this morning asking if it was an error, and it was. I though they were OEM extras, but no. Yes, clearance items, but priced incorrectly.
I offered them back, but they said not to worry. Very good of them, but I’m not 100% comfortable about it.

Switch

huskier headed gent
Feel a little the same in hindsight. I emailed them this morning asking if it was an error, and it was. I though they were OEM extras, but no. Yes, clearance items, but priced incorrectly.
I offered them back, but they said not to worry. Very good of them, but I’m not 100% comfortable about it.
I will take them off your hands for what you paid for them to help ease your conscience if you like ;)

BKMad

Likes Dirt
I think you've done the right thing. If it were me I'd be feeling a bit uncomfortable knowing that it was a mistake that I'd taken advantage of. However, you've now given them the option to correct the mistake and they've chosen to honour it anyway. Full credit to MBD and good on you for offering to return them.

BKMad

Likes Dirt

Do you:
4. Buy a new bike
Yeah but who is getting screwed over? It won't be SRAM. It will be a small online bike shop run by Aussies that support the sport.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
The moral of the story is if you got a set of these forks for bargain prices (or even if you didn't!) - just buy more stuff from Mountain Bikes Direct in future to help them recoup the difference.

Seriously - they're great to deal with, generous even when they wouldn't have to be (ie: situations like this), and the majority of their prices are pretty close to overseas competitors. I'm happy to pay a couple of percent more for excellent customer service.

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I reckon even at the reduced price they would not have been out of pocket much compared to what they paid for them. That's probably why they only offered a $50 voucher. MTBD have been pretty good lately and offering them back was a good gesture Moorey.

tkdbboy

Likes Dirt
2016/2017 = Charger 1 RC/RCT3
2018 = Charger 2 RC/RCT3
2019 = Charger 2 RC/RCT3/RC2

RC = One damper knob on top to play with
RCT3 = Two damper knobs on top to play with
RC2 = Two damper knobs on top with more click to play with