Bargain buys thread

Calvin27

Eats Squid
What tells you it’s a bubble? Hose could be a bit old and squishy.
maybe, 3 year old hose? Sort of derailing, but it's productive hahaha. It's the front brake and the contact point is quite low - not quite to the bar, but noticably lower than the left/rear. Once at the contact point it feels firm. Its not the adjuster either I've played with that to death.

Calvin27

Eats Squid
You bleed from top or bottom? Lever wound right out?
Bottom up. I didn't realise there was a top down version. I also tried he leave the bike upside down and nothing changed (it usually goes to the bar when the bubbles move). Lever fully retracts right out. I do the epic bleed solutions method, but can give other methods a shot.

tkdbboy

Likes Dirt
Nukeproof Horizon Wheelset $425 with $20 off new user code.

27.5 non boost, boost, DH
29 non boost, boost

Shimano driver option only

From my understanding its WTB i29 rims on Novatec hubs (42 POE)

moorey

call me Mia
Bottom up. I didn't realise there was a top down version. I also tried he leave the bike upside down and nothing changed (it usually goes to the bar when the bubbles move). Lever fully retracts right out. I do the epic bleed solutions method, but can give other methods a shot.
Bottom up is right.... I’m just intrigued how you know it’s a bubble, when you can’t see it.

Any good LBS can you hook up on those ones, also had some hammerschmidt cranks left over dirt cheap. just giving you lads some heads up for those looking for that stuff.
Hi Sethius,
Prob too late, though have to ask...r the hammerschmidt still available?
Cheers
Clinton

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Hi Sethius,
Prob too late, though have to ask...r the hammerschmidt still available?
Cheers
Clinton
Three pairs. 2 am, 1 FR. Price is absurd.. Any store should them cranks+ bb for 170 comfortably. I'd love to play and modify a set. IF one could make a narrow wide ring you'd be able to cut significant weight out of it, a machined 26t would be nice. Vyro might interest you too. System didn't get enough time with 1x taking over.. Reboot and ditch the boat anchor rear cassettes..

New GTs are way too expensive for dealers..and lots of old stock that's not marked down nearly enough..

Last edited: