Bargain buys thread

Good deal. Just need to find out if they are TR..
Edit" MTB Direct say they are the TNT casing so are tubeless ready.
Says on the webpage “Cons: They are a bit heavy but the sidewalls are strong! These tyres are a single ply sidewall and are NOT tubeless rated”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Says on the webpage “Cons: They are a bit heavy but the sidewalls are strong! These tyres are a single ply sidewall and are NOT tubeless rated”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm not even sure Vittoria make any non TNT tires. Every other listing I google of that special edition has them down as a TNT.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
About to pull the trigger on some onza tyres to try from mtb direct:

https://www.mtbdirect.com.au/onza-s...re-compound=104&tyre-width=127&wheel-size=103

https://www.mtbdirect.com.au/onza-c...re-compound=104&tyre-width=127&wheel-size=103

Seems good value for some tyres for the kicker - anyone know if these things will do tubeless?
Yes, yes they do. On DT Swiss XMC hoops they pumped up with just the track pump.

And they just came back from the rocks of Broken Hill with a few scuffs but no cuts on the sidewalls.

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Think I might give the Svelt a try, been looking for something fast rolling with enough side bite. Was looking at the Canis the other day but the "We would not recommend this as a front tyre for all-mountain and Enduro use" part put me off. Didn't realise the Svelt was on-sale too, bit of a bummer as only just did an MTBD order.

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Was looking at the Canis the other day but the "We would not recommend this as a front tyre for all-mountain and Enduro use" part put me off.
I'm sticking to my regular maxxis for other bikes. These are going on the XC bike which has been demoted to a fire road basher and for a sketchy lysterfield when it all gets a bit repetitive.

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Think I might give the Svelt a try, been looking for something fast rolling with enough side bite. Was looking at the Canis the other day but the "We would not recommend this as a front tyre for all-mountain and Enduro use" part put me off. Didn't realise the Svelt was on-sale too, bit of a bummer as only just did an MTBD order.
You'd be surprised how far you can push a "small" xc tyre, just check out the last couple of world cup XCO races. The last round in Albstat was so wet most riders were unrecognisable by the end and I think the most aggressive tyre I saw was a Maxxis Aspen! Now that's pro riders compared to us mere mortals but I can say I've been having a ton of fun riding faster xc rubber the last 12 months